• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kaufebeen

Reaction score
20220426_112403.jpg

Antique Cognac Monk in F last. Excuse the bulge caused by my flat feet

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

Looks decent,
and balanced too.
Looks like the Vass HAF has improved over time.
Its not Vass. Its another maker (Winson). However I have had Vass HAF soles shoes (sold them) and the work is quite decent. This was a shoe pic to see the result of a HAF sole in a similar bootie.

konstantis

Reaction score
Finally received them. The fitting is perfect for a MTO project. I have send them my own measurements and I was a bit nervous as I had no previous experience. I asked them for a double danite sole with a leather midsole. The communication via email was perfect and easy. I am extremely happy with the shoes.

Attachments

• 55E6F36B-0EC9-47E5-AE1B-D98CFD67846F.jpeg
    55E6F36B-0EC9-47E5-AE1B-D98CFD67846F.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 92
  • E48D47C4-1336-46F7-A582-6562ED900706.jpeg
    E48D47C4-1336-46F7-A582-6562ED900706.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 188
  • AC81ABE4-A50B-447D-B6D2-3CA46A9A3B9C.jpeg
    AC81ABE4-A50B-447D-B6D2-3CA46A9A3B9C.jpeg
    469.9 KB · Views: 183

hysteria

Reaction score
Hey folks, considering to order a pair of suede chukka's in F-last. I've never ordered a Vass pair before so I would appreciate some guidance WRT sizing. My instep (depending on how I measure it) is between 25.5cm-26cm. Vamp is about 23cm. Most shoes I tend to lean towards 7UK and using the Brannock Scale gives me a US size of 8.5. I'm guessing 41 for Vass F-last makes most sense for me, but I wanted to run it by the brains here.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, considering to order a pair of suede chukka's in F-last. I've never ordered a Vass pair before so I would appreciate some guidance WRT sizing. My instep (depending on how I measure it) is between 25.5cm-26cm. Vamp is about 23cm. Most shoes I tend to lean towards 7UK and using the Brannock Scale gives me a US size of 8.5. I'm guessing 41 for Vass F-last makes most sense for me, but I wanted to run it by the brains here.
No one here knows what to recommend if you don't tell us what other shoes you wear. Alden? AE? Meermin? Carmina? CJ?
Measurements are not accurate.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A 41 F last can work for many feet,
average instep can work for F last.

Are your feet roughly same size?
Are your feet roughly the same width?
Do you have flat feet or normal feet?
These things can cause some people to go up half size.
F last = very funny...sometimes it fits bigger and sometimes it fit more small for same size.

konstantis

Reaction score
Could anyone comment the Vass chukkas in comparison to Aldens or C&J ? Thanks.

hysteria

Reaction score
A 41 F last can work for many feet,
average instep can work for F last.

Are your feet roughly same size?
Are your feet roughly the same width?
Do you have flat feet or normal feet?
These things can cause some people to go up half size.
F last = very funny...sometimes it fits bigger and sometimes it fit more small for same size.
Do you find their sizing is not consistent?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between bordeaux vs brown museum calf for my first made to order pair from vass (alt english modified/wider U-last semi-brogue). Do you have any pictures with either one indoor or in direct sunlight? And also, any tips and tricks for the ordering/customization process? Thanks
First of all, Vass offers several bordeaux colours ranging from bright to deep plum.

If you want a reddish brown, go with oxblood. It's a brown base with red undertones. Bordeaux is straight up red and comes in several shades. You'll have to email Vass to see the different shades. Bordeaux museum is a deep mottled plum colour. Brown museum is a mottled dark brown. Standard brown is a dark flat brown. Below are a couple of comparison shots. None including brown museum. If I hadn't stored. My bordeaux museum and brown museum I'd take pics for you. But unfortunately, they're stored in the attic.

Oxblood vs standard brown
20220428_100520.jpg

Bordeaux museum vs oxblood
20220427_131035.jpg

Oxblood va bordeaux
20220425_144642.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads