• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the thorough reply! I appreciate advice from someone who has hands-on experience. I love TLB Artistas, but I'm curious about Vass and how they feel over time.

I'm actually going to Budapest in a few weeks, so I'm planning to test all their lasts for future reference. Might even drop some photos of the store here.

I hope you have fun in Budapest, please share some photos.

I am flying there next year to try all Vass lasts, I own several norwegers with some fit differences (maybe due to leather thickness and sole). I am interested in a pair of oxfords from stock and planning to request a MTO norweger boot with 360 welt.

Regards

VaNeT

Reaction score
My first pair of Vass that I bought at the end of October. Very glad with craftsmanship and shoes overall. Can't wear them yet unfortunately.
IMG_6291.JPEG
IMG_6299.JPEG
IMG_6301.JPEG
IMG_6302.JPEG
IMG_6308.JPEG
IMG_6311.JPEG
IMG_6322.JPEG
IMG_6652.JPEG
IMG_6656.JPEG

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Just got back from Budapest (or BP, as they say there). I went to the store and got to try all the lasts. The staff was super patient og friendly with me, even staying overtime to make sure I got to try all the lasts. Apparently, they're making an overview of recommended sizes for different lasts, so my feet got to be another data point in their Excel file.

For reference for others, here's my sizes in the different lasts. I'm usually a UK8 in almost all brands. Obviously, your milage may vary:

F - 42 (probably the most "normal" fit and my most comfortable last)
P - 41.5
P2 - 42
P3 - 42
U - Not comfortable at any size
K - 41.5
BP - 41.5 (after break in, was a bit snug)
3636 - 41.5 (wider and more comfortable last)
S - 41.5

I left Budapest with two pairs, one pair of gorgeous chukkas and one pair of museum derby wingtips. They even managed to install metal toe tips in a very short time to make sure I could bring them with me home.

Overall I could not be happier with the pairs and the customer service provided. Would absolutely recommend a trip, if you can. Thanks again to the staff there for the friendly help and customer service.

tempImagedW6zXM.png

tempImagen0y6Uv.png

tempImageFuH8X1.png

tempImageTLTZuo.png

tempImageQrTCr6.png

Finally, a picture of the "Shoes on the Danube Bank", a memorial in honour of Jews massacred by fascists. They were ordered to take off their shoes, and were shot at the edge of the water so that their bodies fell into the river and were carried away. It represents their shoes left behind on the bank.
IMG_1318.JPG

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Budapest (or BP, as they say there). I went to the store and got to try all the lasts. The staff was super patient og friendly with me, even staying overtime to make sure I got to try all the lasts. Apparently, they're making an overview of recommended sizes for different lasts, so my feet got to be another data point in their Excel file.

For reference for others, here's my sizes in the different lasts. I'm usually a UK8 in almost all brands. Obviously, your milage may vary:

P - 41.5
P2 - 42
P3 - 42
K - 41.5
S - 41.5

I left Budapest with two pairs, one pair of gorgeous chukkas and one pair of museum derby wingtips. They even managed to install metal toe tips in a very short time to make sure I could bring them with me home.

Overall I could not be happier with the pairs and the customer service provided. Would absolutely recommend a trip, if you can. Thanks again to the staff there for the friendly help and customer service.

View attachment 1719513
View attachment 1719515
View attachment 1719516
View attachment 1719519
View attachment 1719518

Finally, a picture of the "Shoes on the Danube Bank", a memorial in honour Jews massacred by fascists. They were ordered to take off their shoes, and were shot at the edge of the water so that their bodies fell into the river and were carried away. It represents their shoes left behind on the bank.
View attachment 1719520
Sounds like a really cool experience

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's how I got my 3 pairs of Vass, in person.

Budapest is a great city to visit.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

P - 41.5
P2 - 42
P3 - 42
K - 41.5
S - 41.5

View attachment 1719513
View attachment 1719515
View attachment 1719516
View attachment 1719519
View attachment 1719518

Finally, a picture of the "Shoes on the Danube Bank", a memorial in honour of Jews massacred by fascists. They were ordered to take off their shoes, and were shot at the edge of the water so that their bodies fell into the river and were carried away. It represents their shoes left behind on the bank.
View attachment 1719520
Beautiful pairs both (F &P2lasts?). Congrats.

CWV

Reaction score
I exchanged my 42.5 for a 42 and the new pair has this wired bit if leather. Does your pairs have it too?

image.jpg

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I exchanged my 42.5 for a 42 and the new pair has this wired bit if leather. Does your pairs have it too?

View attachment 1720348

Are you referring to the creases on the vamp? The shoes have probably been tried on before. No biggie to me since they will look like this anyways immediatey when you start to wear them. Unless you bought them with the intention not to wear them and keep them on display in a cabinet.

CWV

Reaction score
Are you referring to the creases on the vamp? The shoes have probably been tried on before. No biggie to me since they will look like this anyways immediatey when you start to wear them. Unless you bought them with the intention not to wear them and keep them on display in a cabinet.
Do not get me wrong. I’m not complaining. Just curious.
im referring to the half circle at the beginning of the **** for lacing. Usually there is a big stitch there.

wdrenth

Reaction score
Do not get me wrong. I’m not complaining. Just curious.
im referring to the half circle at the beginning of the **** for lacing. Usually there is a big stitch there.

Ah, you mean this little piece of leather at the start of the lacing. That differs per model and brand. Underneath you will find this big stitch, since it all should be kept together of course. I am a bit impartial on this: I have shoes with these half circles that are a little large and sometimes get folded or so. On the other hand, I also have shoes where this (visible) stitching is not done nicely, leaving some threads peaking out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads