• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green museum calf questions

1). How dark is this color outside?
2). Is it similar in darkness to John Lobb museum calf?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pair of Vass from their MTO program just arrived :

Model: Norweger
Last: P
Color: Antique Cognac
Sole: Double JR
Welt: 270

The perfect crossbreeding between a loafer and a derby, some pictures with his commando soled brother both in 45. The one in commando sole looks a tad darker due to several "hands" of Pedag Leather Lotion (similar to Saphir Creme Universelle).

Question: Maybe some member owns a pair of Vass Norweger boots?

1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been searching the thread for information about the Peter last (P) but most posts seem to be about the New Peter last (P2). From my understanding the P last is a round last with a round toe and normal instep? Is this correct? Also i have a pair of Carmina on the Detroit last and Paraboot avignon. Is the P last similiar to these? Thank you
I have Paraboot Avignon and I have a Norweger on P. I find the Paraboot Avignon, substantially wider, and will take a comfortable UK9. I would take a UK 10 in P - I just need the extra width the larger size offers.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of an elegant black cap toe on the F-last today. Such a timeless design and perfectly suitable for the F-last.

I'm a simple dresser with preferences gravitating towards clinical simplicity rather than spectacularity. This is my 4th or 5th pair of plain cap toes on the F-last.
IMG_20210929_125837.jpg
IMG_20210929_130013.jpg
IMG_20210929_130016.jpg

Last edited:

Stompinsavoy

Reaction score
So I just received a pair on the F last. They fit fine but on the right foot my pinky toe hits the side and I’m having trouble deciding if they will stretch at this part and if this will become a problem when walking and start hurting. Anyone with experience that can help with some advice? I have pretty slender feet but I’m used to lasts with more room (longwing gunboats etc.). Maybe this is how it’s supposed to be with more sleek lasts? Huge thanks.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just received a pair on the F last. They fit fine but on the right foot my pinky toe hits the side and I’m having trouble deciding if they will stretch at this part and if this will become a problem when walking and start hurting. Anyone with experience that can help with some advice? I have pretty slender feet but I’m used to lasts with more room (longwing gunboats etc.). Maybe this is how it’s supposed to be with more sleek lasts? Huge thanks.

Can be many reason why toe rub side of shoe.

1). shoe to small for that foot (foot too wide in that area or foot too long and hit curve of shoe)
2). pronation of foot where foot angle out and toe rub
3). last not suitable for foot because it angle in more,
this often a problem so you need to choose lasts wisely.
Gunboat longwing better choice because it not angle in like F last.

Shoe could become problem and hurt toe when walking.
Breaking in shoe might not help because shape of shoe might not suit that foot.
Wear shoe for 2 hour each night at home for 6 day and see if improve.
If it not get better stretch it a bit in that area.

Might be better to try P2 last.

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are they a cap or plain toe? I've had some success by padding up the shoe tree in the areas that pinch with moleskin and those donut shaped pieces for corns (however many layers needed). Storing the shoes with the modified trees loosens up the trouble spots. This was less successful on my F Valways though, and will probably take them to a cobbler to get actually stretched.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of an elegant black cap toe on the F-last today. Such a timeless design and perfectly suitable for the F-last.

I'm a simple dresser with preferences gravitating towards clinical simplicity rather than spectacularity. This is my 4th or 5th pair of plain cap toes on the F-last.
View attachment 1676956 View attachment 1676957 View attachment 1676958

Me have the black captoe on the F and P2 lasts.
The black captoe works very well the P2 because the welt is less wide and more formal.
The captoe on the F does not work so well because of the wide casual welt with the casual markings on it.
A captoe on P2 is perhaps the most suitable design for the P2,
it make it look more english and balanced.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me have the black captoe on the F and P2 lasts.
The black captoe works very well the P2 because the welt is less wide and more formal.
The captoe on the F does not work so well because of the wide casual welt with the casual markings on it.
A captoe on P2 is perhaps the most suitable design for the P2,
it make it look more english and balanced.
Thanks for your input. I get what you're saying, but my wardrobe begs to disagree.
L to R: walnut, gold, burgundy, black, dark brown
IMG_20211003_143415_edit_349976398659616.jpg

:bigstar:

With that being said, I still prefer the aesthetics of F to P2.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads