• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on a pair I've been wanting for almost 2 years now. Took advantage of the current sale and got myself a pair in brown museum as well. I'm hyped! Pictured is the walnut version.
Screenshot_20201014_073936.jpg
Screenshot_20201014_074002.jpg

weriker

Reaction score
Nice. I also pulled the trigger on the sale for two pairs.

But now I'll really have to put a stop to acquiring more shoes, as the redundancies increase a lot.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I also pulled the trigger on the sale for two pairs.

But now I'll really have to put a stop to acquiring more shoes, as the redundancies increase a lot.
What did you get?

Tell me about it. I have 6 pair of brand new shoes in my closet that I need to break in. Three of them are from Vass (technically, one pair has been worn once). I've decided to get rid of them partly because of redundancy and partly because of change of heart when it comes to last.

weriker

Reaction score
What did you get?
A black oxford, despite I already own a decent one and wear it only a couple of times a year. But I told myself this was a long-term investment and I'll have the existing one equipped with a sole protector and relegate it for bad weather duty.

And a mid-brown suede chukka, despite I already own a dark-brown suede and a mid-brown smooth calf chukka. I told myself that it's a very versatile shoe/boot in this colour/leather-combination and can be paired in various degrees of formality.

But... I'm running out of excuses and there is hardly a type of shoe left that I "need".

ladfromkl

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much is it to make a personal last with Vass? Care to share the experience for those who have tried this?

tbaja27

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much is it to make a personal last with Vass? Care to share the experience for those who have tried this?
To my knowledge, they will modify an existing last for you, but will not make one from scratch. Others can chime in as well.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A black oxford, despite I already own a decent one and wear it only a couple of times a year. But I told myself this was a long-term investment and I'll have the existing one equipped with a sole protector and relegate it for bad weather duty.

And a mid-brown suede chukka, despite I already own a dark-brown suede and a mid-brown smooth calf chukka. I told myself that it's a very versatile shoe/boot in this colour/leather-combination and can be paired in various degrees of formality.

But... I'm running out of excuses and there is hardly a type of shoe left that I "need".

Now you can think about the shoes you deserve. I works for me.

monkey66

Reaction score
Are those Alt English II? The stitching looks particular. Please tell something about the socks. They seem fantastic.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Better if you hit reply then I get an alert.

These AFAIK are just Alt English. The socks are Amidé Hadelin.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes (and boots) from an earlier MTO and the ones from the recent sale just arrived. I am going to be honest: I should not have been tempted by the designs available on the sale. It is much more satisfying to get the shoes one really craves. Don't get me wrong, the beautiful pairs from the sale will see a bunch of use, but not as much as the MTO pairs.

Also, a note: I can't see much difference between the S (bottom wholecuts) and the U (top wholecuts) lasts. Both are awesome.

IMG_8349.jpg
IMG_8351.jpg

wdrenth

Reaction score
Also, a note: I can't see much difference between the S (bottom wholecuts) and the U (top wholecuts) lasts. Both are awesome.

View attachment 1640977 View attachment 1640976

Wear them in good health. The Balmoral Oxford in suede/museum looks very versatile.
The difference between the S and U Lasts is hard to see -- from your pictures it looks as if the S Last is a bit more broader / squarer at the toe tip. You took the same size for both lasts?

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. All shoes are the same size. I really can't tell the difference between the S and the U lasts (not that I looked at it carefully). In my view, all these shoes are versatile, and will see a lot of use. As I am more of a suits' guy, I can see the grey wholecuts seeing the most use (works with everything but brown and green suits in my view).

Wear them in good health. The Balmoral Oxford in suede/museum looks very versatile.
The difference between the S and U Lasts is hard to see -- from your pictures it looks as if the S Last is a bit more broader / squarer at the toe tip. You took the same size for both lasts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads