• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this really walnut? I would have bet that this is gold museum. I am beginning to wonder whether the two colours are completely interchangeable and the shade one is getting depending on pure luck. Maybe it’s a shade of Vass charm. ?
I'm almost wondering if your pair aren't Walnut Museum. They look vastly darker than both mine and @Jamesbond1 Pair

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this really walnut? I would have bet that this is gold museum. I am beginning to wonder whether the two colours are completely interchangeable and the shade one is getting depending on pure luck. Maybe it’s a shade of Vass charm. ?
Shopmehra says it Walnut museum. The man knows Vass as he sells a lot of them.

8B3AE135-D5EA-4B23-A7AB-5B258782BE51.jpeg

Unvaccined

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The sunlight has a significant impact from what I’ve seen on my pair today. In the sunlight, the brown comes out. In artificial light and with a mirror shine: the shoe looks like it almost has a shade of grey intermixed with black and only a little brown. I’ve never seen anything like it. Serious depth.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing of these babies (sans cav twill carpeting)
View attachment 1625812
For reference, my post from the other day featured walnut museum under direct sunlight.

The main difference between walnut and gold is that the latter features a distinct orange undertone. The former has hints of red combined with brown, almost tobacco like. Gold is much more orange.

I have dark brown, walnut and gold. If interested, I could snap a pic of all three side by side under direct sunlight.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here're a couple of bonus pics. I'd say oxblood and dark brown museum are much more indistinguishable than the calfs above. Unless you're under direct sunlight, you're not able to tell which is which. The red in the oxblood calf isn't visible unless under direct light. Dark brown museum to the left and oxblood to the right.
IMG_20210621_212236.jpg
IMG_20210621_212247.jpg
IMG_20210621_212253.jpg
IMG_20210621_212256.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jealous not about others' Vass, but more that I'm still working from home with no opportunity to wear mine yet...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads