• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gold museum from Vass is probably my favorite shoe color.
IMG_57182.jpg

IMG_57292.jpg IMG_57322.jpg

Last edited:

Betta

Reaction score
MTO on the U last, right shoe with a different width from the left. It turned out superbly. All my discretionary spending in the last 2 months has gone directly to Vass, either taking advantage of their sales or placing orders like this one. After listening to Rezső on the excellent podcast by j ingevaldsson, I could not be happier that my money has been used to keep people at Vass employed. What a great company.

View attachment 1611554 View attachment 1611555
Those are nice! is that museum calf? What does the sole look like?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Vass lovers. I'm thinking about doing an MTO in bordeaux, oxblood, or plum museum. Does anyone have any examples of those colors to take a look at?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new norwegers form Vass arrived yesterday. I am really happy with them, once I open the box I remembered why I enjoy shoes and love this rabbit hole.

I am glad that some of my money has gone to Vass during these horrible C-19 years. I hope the shoemaking craft we all praise and love will survive when we return to normality.

Model: Norweger
Colour: Antique cognac scotchgrain
Welt: 270
Sole: Vibram Commando
Last: P

The last picture shows my little Vass parade, suede, scotchgrain, calf and calf for backup.

IMG_6278.JPG
IMG_6279.JPG
IMG_6280.JPG
IMG_6282.JPG

IMG_6274.JPG
IMG_6277.JPG

Last edited:

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suede pair are especially lovely; for a casual model the Norweger on the P2 last is such a great blend of elegance and practicality. It was the first pair of Vass I brought (calf, not suede) and still something that holds a strong visceral appeal. In a light suede or calf with a single leather sole and toe tap they can be a summer shoe, whilst in scotchgrain with a lugged sole they can withstand the worst of conditions.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

apd90700

Reaction score
With a new sole... but it all seriousness either a competent cobbler or send back to Vass
In the USA, Bedos leather works or Kirby Allison

Just wondering if Vass does the resoling and if anyone has sent them back, the turnaround time, etc. Part of the hesitancy for me with going Vass is that once the sole wears out, if I'm not getting them resoled to factory conditions or better, then it's diminished the shoe quality imo.

With some other companies, I can get a response from the owner or a customer service representative and they'll give those details. With other companies it can be more difficult to get customer service responses. So yeah, just wondering if anyone has had success having them resoled by Vass?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads