• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure but 20€ is a great price. In my shop I charge 45$ though they do it in house.

for lasted trees 30€ is still great. They have to make a living too and their products are good. I finished my written review if anyone wants me to share it. (Doesn’t contain any links).

I agree, not a complaint. My local cobbler charges $45 for toe plates, and I have to drive 20 miles to get to him!

Lasted trees for 30 euro, and less in the US as VAT comes off, is a no brainer.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is new as of today or yesterday. Bummer, but frankly still worth it for sure.

They also put a click box for toe plates in, which is good. 20 Euro inc VAT. I know they were doing this service before, but not sure how much / if they were charging?
They charged €20 for metal toe plates before as well. Well worth it. Same goes for the lasted shoe trees.

tbaja27

Reaction score
That is new as of today or yesterday. Bummer, but frankly still worth it for sure.

They also put a click box for toe plates in, which is good. 20 Euro inc VAT. I know they were doing this service before, but not sure how much / if they were charging?
Yep - I pay $45 for metal toe plates in Boston. And 30 Euros for lasted shoe trees is a no brainer.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, not a complaint. My local cobbler charges $45 for toe plates, and I have to drive 20 miles to get to him!

Lasted trees for 30 euro, and less in the US as VAT comes off, is a no brainer.

20 miles in LA??? Thats a 3 hour drive!

Unvaccined

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They charged €20 for metal toe plates before as well. Well worth it. Same goes for the lasted shoe trees.
Absolutely fine with their business decision. I am, however, not fine with placing an order of multiple pairs 2 weeks ago with lasted shoe tress and then, today, getting a notice - clearly modified by someone - stating: “SHOE TREES NOT INCLUDED“. My original order confirmation did not contain that. If that’s their business practice from now on, we may expect some other surprises. Hope they’ll clear the matter, otherwise shoes will go back promptly.

EDIT: matter resolved. Quick answer by Vass!

Last edited:

Unvaccined

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Has Vass ever produced a pair of tassel loafers? Pictures? I figure, the F-last might work well in that respect.

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
20210517_201444.jpg
20210517_201340.jpg
20210517_201350.jpg
20210517_201357.jpg

Brand new pair of vass alt English u last. Only been wearing indoor while wfh for couple of times and it looks like the inside left shoe leather is deformed and loose. The right pair is totally fine with no creasing. First pair of Vass as well?

Contacted Vass couple of days ago with no response. Got this pair for 40% off and apparently no returns for discounted shoes.
What would you do or anyone know how to fix this issue? This pair actually fits very snug so I don't understand how there is such a loose leather on the left shoe.

Attachments

• 20210517_201451.jpg
    20210517_201451.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210517_201451.jpg
    20210517_201451.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 39

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1611124 View attachment 1611127 View attachment 1611129 View attachment 1611126
Brand new pair of vass alt English u last. Only been wearing indoor while wfh for couple of times and it looks like the inside left shoe leather is deformed and loose. The right pair is totally fine with no creasing. First pair of Vass as well?

Contacted Vass couple of days ago with no response. Got this pair for 40% off and apparently no returns for discounted shoes.
What would you do or anyone know how to fix this issue? This pair actually fits very snug so I don't understand how there is such a loose leather on the left shoe.
I don’t see a problem. Does that shoe fit tight?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually pretty snug fit (almost too tight) but there's a leather bulge like a loose leather even with the lasted shoe trees on.
I see now the small bulge in the first picture. Maybe @rezso.kuti can shed a bit more light on why, but for that price discount and the fact that it is final sale and a great shoe overall, it wouldn’t bother me.

someone with more cobbling/shoemaking experience might be able to help a bit more.

I had a shoe that was tight in one foot and the leather reacted similarly.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1611124 View attachment 1611127 View attachment 1611129 View attachment 1611126

Are these pictures with your feet in the shoes?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoes are too small for you (apart from instep), and probably too short (hard to judge fully on photos). Your feet end up too far forward in the shoe, especially left one then. Your big toe joint ends up in front of the widest part of the shoe, and you have a lot of excess space in the arch. Since they are tight at the ball, you further pull the excess leather in the arch and you get a bulge. See similar things on the right shoe, just to a less extent. Probably best thing to try to sell them off. Since it looks like you've been walking around in them, not just tried them on carefully on carpet, they would not have accepted a return on them either way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics