• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFK_88

Reaction score
Finally, my first ever order of Vass Alt English Oxfords on modified F last arrived and I must say, I couldn’t be happier with the quality of the shoes, their fit, and the more than awesome customer service and assistance by Rezsö!

My first purchase of the same shoes was directly from the website in size 44 (suggested by Rezsö) but they felt slightly tighter on my feet as I have slightly wider forestep. Rezsö was more than happy and helpful to work with me in getting my foot measurements and then have the last modified according to my measurements. I must say, these shoes fit as good as my feet were measured in store by Vass associate.
View attachment 1605984 View attachment 1605985 View attachment 1605984 View attachment 1605985 View attachment 1605989 View attachment 1605990
Can you tell me how you contacted Reszö? I tried the phone number all week but no-one picked up the phone. Does he have a separate number or email address?

Aly.B

Reaction score
Can you tell me how you contacted Reszö? I tried the phone number all week but no-one picked up the phone. Does he have a separate number or email address?
I’ve been communicating with Rezsö via email and he’s been pretty responsive. Not sure why you haven’t been able to get in touch with him. You sure you have the correct email address? When I was placing the order the first time, I just sent an email on sales@vass email from the website to get some advice on sizing. And Rezsö got back to me and ever since I’ve been in contact with him through that.

JFK_88

Reaction score
I’ve been communicating with Rezsö via email and he’s been pretty responsive. Not sure why you haven’t been able to get in touch with him. You sure you have the correct email address? When I was placing the order the first time, I just sent an email on sales@vass email from the website to get some advice on sizing. And Rezsö got back to me and ever since I’ve been in contact with him through that.
Thanks for the tip I'll try again that way!

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I owned Vass shoes, I had a pair of Old English in U last. Those shoes were gorgeous, but incredibly tight fitting, nearly crushing my little and 4th toe.

Again, I loved the sleek look of the shoes - any other models which could work for me, while still having a similar look to the last? I figure that the F last will probably work.

Aly.B

Reaction score
Last time I owned Vass shoes, I had a pair of Old English in U last. Those shoes were gorgeous, but incredibly tight fitting, nearly crushing my little and 4th toe.

Again, I loved the sleek look of the shoes - any other models which could work for me, while still having a similar look to the last? I figure that the F last will probably work.
In terms of roominess, I think this is how Vass lasts would be positioned:

P2>F>K>U

Perhaps other members with more experience with Vass could chime in about some other lasts.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The F should work. I can make the U and K, sleeker lasts, work with stretching the right shoe so I refrained from getting the F last for a long time. I finally got a pair and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely roomier in the toe box.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
First time in a while in a suit and a golden opportunity to take my Vass Cordovan on the P2 last (Budapest model) on their maiden voyage. Fit is great, but still working on the shine. The rainy weather does not help:(

Vass Cordovan II.jpg
Vass Cordovan I.jpg

EUtroll

Reaction score
Quite a few classic models that Vass has indicated will not form part of the rtw collection going forward. Hopefully they'll get through until the tourists return to Budapest.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Quite a few classic models that Vass has indicated will not form part of the rtw collection going forward. Hopefully they'll get through until the tourists return to Budapest.
Care to expand?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you now have to pay 30 euros for shoe trees. I think it’s a brand new update. Still worth it.

That is new as of today or yesterday. Bummer, but frankly still worth it for sure.

They also put a click box for toe plates in, which is good. 20 Euro inc VAT. I know they were doing this service before, but not sure how much / if they were charging?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is new as of today or yesterday. Bummer, but frankly still worth it for sure.

They also put a click box for toe plates in, which is good. 20 Euro inc VAT. I know they were doing this service before, but not sure how much / if they were charging?
Not sure but 20€ is a great price. In my shop I charge 45$ though they do it in house.

for lasted trees 30€ is still great. They have to make a living too and their products are good. I finished my written review if anyone wants me to share it. (Doesn’t contain any links).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads