• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some OG shell in there!
True. I bought all of these about a decade ago. Mixed with few pairs of Alden (including boots), I think that I’m forever done with more cordovan. The shoes are indestructible. Maybe a pair of boots or chukkas in natural but that would be it.
801B9328-FD44-4B5A-A742-B247962BBBA8.jpeg

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOW aree the import taxes and duties over there?
Tough. Very tough. Don’t know the details any more as everything gets shipped to USA now.

CWV

Reaction score
Tough. Very tough. Don’t know the details any more as everything gets shipped to USA now.
Sorry to intrude, but can I ask why? Do you have some tip to avoid the extra cost? If so, could you share it via PM?
Thx

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to intrude, but can I ask why? Do you have some tip to avoid the extra cost? If so, could you share it via PM?
Thx
Well, everything in USA is tax free under $800 so that includes all Vass. As my family travels between USA and Bogotá often, it’s just easier to have it shipped to USA and taken to Colombia.
For big ticket items (my cousin collects mid-century modern furniture) things get shipped to Miami and put on a boat to Colombia. I‘m not sure how much that saves but it’s enough to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWV

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Fedex fairy stopped by today and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully, the breaking-in process will go well, as I am trying to get my correct size lengthwise and asked Vass to stretch the right shoe to accommodate my wider right foot.

IMG_4636.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG IMG_E4635.JPG

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
:slayer: :slayer:

Those norwegers with leather sole look amazing.
Yes, they are great, but sadly don’t get much wear in the winter. Have another pair with a Vibram sole which are more appropriate for snow and grit. Am really looking forward to warmer weather, less covid-19 and plenty of Vass opportunities:bounce2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads