• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Interesting delivery today. Got a black Scotch grain stomper on the P last with double soles, and the date of manufacture was marked as 2/18/2007. If accurate, that must have been lost deep in a warehouse. Leather seems a tad dry, but otherwise shoe in great shape.
Date on Vass shoes is 00YYMMDD so these were made on 7 february 2018.

jayteee

Reaction score
Date on Vass shoes is 00YYMMDD so these were made on 7 february 2018.
Thanks for the clarification. Three years old is better than 14 years old. I noticed my heels were the new "paper" ones, so it was hard to believe they came from 2007, when the company still used leather heel stacks.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In!
20210114_120121.jpg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH I would have liked a darker brown color, but I know quite well that with much wear and some darker polish they get just perfect. Currently they are my lighest color leather (sold a pair of Vass in natural shell which was too light for my liking). I will use them as beaters :cool2:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recommended shippers for returning shoes to Vass?

Thanks,

tbaja27

Reaction score
Not that I needed more Vass (or shoes in general), but I won an Ebay auction for a Vass V-tip brogue, bordeaux museum calf, F last - at $300. I couldn't say no. Will post pics as soon as they arrive! Loving the start of this year, haha.

Meyboom

Reaction score
F last Museum Plum size 43.5.
These are my tricolor boots in the U last, full size larger 44.5. Still not compatible with my high instep.
View attachment 1536997
I have a high instep as well but I don't find the instep height very different between F and U last. For me biggest difference is in the toe box. I am however under the impression that Vass lasts have become snugger in recent years. Or maybe that's just Vasscharm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads