• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
So question about sizing.

10D US All around
I'm a 9E English in Crockett & Jones most lasts
I'd say 10 Allen Edmonds
Unsure what Alden sizing is.

Would I be a 43 or 43.5?

Also, anyone in the NJ area down to buy a single pair with me and save on shipping? I have references

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

10D US All around
I'd say 10 Allen Edmonds

Would I be a 43 or 43.5?

Also, anyone in the NJ area down to buy a single pair with me and save on shipping? I have references
Me
C&J UK7,5
Vass F EU41
Vass U EU41,5

kurenai

Reaction score
nice - just picked up 3 pairs. Kinda shocked how the exotic loafers went on 50% too

kurenai

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really tempted but I think it's to extravagant for me. But if you're able to wear them, go for it!

haha yea, already grabbed the walnut brown pair. Kinda tempted to snag the grey - hopefully someone does before i cave in.

It's a really loud pair but will figure out a muted down get-up to pair with the shoes eventually.

Couldn't resist the opportunity to pick up such a unique makeup at that price

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

10D US All around
I'd say 10 Allen Edmonds

Would I be a 43 or 43.5?

I'm the same and I take 43 on F last. It's the only last I've felt comfortable trying

monkey66

Reaction score
Cross-post - Bordeaux museum.

P1000828 copy.jpg

P1000815 copy.jpg

CWV

Reaction score
Heedeko. Can’t choose! Too many options. I’m between museum brown, walnut or gold in alt English, or the austerity brogue in burgundy. Any real life pics ? Never thought there would be so many options!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the best way to get in touch with them? Email/the submission form on the website/social media?

ThomGault

Reaction score
I’m between museum brown, walnut or gold in alt English, or the austerity brogue in burgundy. Any real life pics ?
well, sure...luckily there is a SF Vass thread with 1651 pages of pictures...and you've already found it ;P

inazuma

Reaction score
not sure it's the best post but i'm a bit dissapointed with the Vass customer care.

I've bought some shoes from them, some years ago, worn them a couple a time only, and the shoes have became very noisy when walking with them.

I've sent an email to them and they told me they could repair them for 150€ (changing the sole).
I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the shank like it usually is when shoes are noisy, and i'm outraged for this level of prices brand, the shank is not better fixed than that, or that they do not consider that problem as a quality problem and therefore they take care of it for free.

I won't advice Vass shoes anymore unfortunately.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heedeko. Can’t choose! Too many options. I’m between museum brown, walnut or gold in alt English, or the austerity brogue in burgundy. Any real life pics ? Never thought there would be so many options!
I've posted several comparison pics in here not long ago. Check the gallery.

Stigland

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some advice. I just got a pair of chukkas from Vass.

I used this model from Ascot as my reference:

Screenshot 2020-11-24 134034.png

I got these:

126997698_3716625095061675_9125141408776959748_n.jpg

To me they look much more slim, less shaped along the sides, and pointier than the reference shoe.

I was assured by Vass that the reference pair was on the K-last, but they look more like my U-Lasts when I compare it now.

What do you think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics