• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caved at the last second of the London derby sale and got another pair. Time to start practicing for when I get asked if that’s a new burgundy box.
C3936578-3861-4613-9E4F-7AE878C3D036.gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seams that my Vass purchasing sprint for 2020 has finished (well maybe..).

Last week arrived another pair of Norwegers. I first bought in 44.5, they felt snug but OK out of the box, but after a couple of wears I realized that by the end of the day they felt too tight, so I decided to buy a pair in 45. In the third picture you can see both shoes (44.5 and 45) where the 44.5 looks slightly narrower. If the same shoe is available in double JR sole I will happily buy them.

Color: Antique Cognac
Last: P
Sole: Commando Vibram

View attachment 1502143 View attachment 1502144 View attachment 1502145
View attachment 1502146
I wear a size 44.5 :fistbump: :lurk:

weriker

Reaction score
mind if I ask what you ordered and how much you paid?
I ordered a Theresianer boot in scotchgrain with Commando sole and an Alt English in suede with Dainite sole. I won't disclose the prices here and don't remember them exactly anyway - I suggest you inquire directly at Vass.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, elegant in the style of the C&J Tetbury but with handlasted goodness...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the guys not on instagram they just teased up to 50% off for "Black Friday Week" - MTO is excluded

EUtroll

Reaction score
The selection is starting to become quite thin, let's hope they add some stuff but hasn't happened for a long time.

sforum1

Reaction score
Up to 50%?

isn’t that what it’s been like for the last 8 months? I’m so sick and tired of this. Bring the regular prices back.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up to 50%?

isn’t that what it’s been like for the last 8 months? I’m so sick and tired of this. Bring the regular prices back.
Looks like they're all full price tonight with no discounts if you wanted to buy them at regular prices.

sforum1

Reaction score
Looks like they're all full price tonight with no discounts if you wanted to buy them at regular prices.
Kinda proves my point, doesn't it? This thing has been on discount for months and months and now, one day before the 'big day', they are momentarily back to full price.

In case you did not get it, I was kind of questioning where all this excitement about the Black Friday sale was coming from. Is this a joke?

I've seen kids that were not that excited about Santa Claus because, get this, they thought that Santa Claus is somehow not real.

sforum1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the MTO is the same price as full-price RTW? I asked but did not get a response.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads