• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Potatoe

Reaction score
Yes, I suppose I should retract that - some of the lasts are nice (I own a couple of pairs so I am not a hater) and some are just so so.
I would agree in some cases.

I'm not at all a fan of the S, or the 3636 at all. I don't care for the shape of the Peter but I do like some of the Norwegers over all.

That said the F, and U in particular are considered to be excellent by an overwhelming majority.

lexmann

Reaction score
Ordered three pairs. Each pair shipped out within 3 days. No issue at all. F last fits me the best.
PXL_20201030_200104205~3.jpg

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's very important to stay objective if making comparison between brands.

There's a couple specification that can be easily compare: construction, SPI (welt, upper), lasting method (both machine v.s. hand lasting, or how firmly the lasting is), waist treatment, upper leather quality, outsole material, Heel material, arch support, finishing standard, ...
And a couple things can be compared but maybe not easily, such as heel stiffener.

Comfortable or not, it's quite (but not all) objective, it quite depends on how your the shoe shape fits your feet (someone with supper narrow feet will have different opinion with someone with super wide feet.). Same for beauty of last shape.

I personally think Vass is a very good choice as some of the lasts are very beautiful (F, U, K, P2), it may not be my first choice in 500 - 700 euro bucket (original price), but at current discount, it's unbeatable. Some technical specs, on the other hand, I don't think they are very comparable with others.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
Also ordered three pairs and after four days they all arrived. My tally is now up to six pairs:)
IMG_2586.jpg

Taste is difficult to debate, but Vass fit my feet extremely well. I have never had the audacity to order bespoke shoes, but I assume the Norweger (P last) are as close to bespoke as I will get. They are snug, but at the same time incredibly comfortable and look very nice. The dark brown suede on the U last are just drop-dead gorgeous and luckily fit me very well too. I agree that the Budapest may look a bit "clumsy", but with jeans or more casual wear I like them. Each to his own!

sforum1

Reaction score
my Vass shipment arrived today too. Shipped within 48 hours and got here in 2 days by FedEX. Now I have to open the boxes. Hopefully one out of these will fit. But even if none do who cares, hard to beat the price. Super excited!!!

FedEx-and-UPS-Applying-Dimensional-Weight-Pricing-e1411409047784.jpg

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
my Vass shipment arrived today too. Shipped within 48 hours and got here in 2 days by FedEX. Now I have to open the boxes. Hopefully one out of these will fit. But even none do who cares, hard to beat the price. Super excited!!!

FedEx-and-UPS-Applying-Dimensional-Weight-Pricing-e1411409047784.jpg
Like the seven in the front, unsure about the ones in the back;)

gmehra

Reaction score
Really? I have a high instep and they fit me great, which seems to be the concensus amongst most as well. Don't flat feet mean low instep?
yes it does. U and S lasts have the lowest instep out of all Vass lasts. did you take your regular EU size or did you go up a half size?

tbaja27

Reaction score
yes it does. U and S lasts have the lowest instep out of all Vass lasts. did you take your regular EU size or did you go up a half size?
I find the u last to have quite a high instep. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the u last to have quite a high instep. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
This is my experience as well. But I guess what @gmehra is saying is that it has the lowest instep of all Vass lasts. That's not contradictions to our experiences: U features a high instep, but the lowest amongst Vass lasts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads