• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Is this a bad idea?

Not too much in 42. And my style has been known to be aggressive...haha
I never stray beyond black, dark brown, mid brown, and occasionally tan. All these green, blue, and museum shoes, look great on photos but don’t go well with 99% of outfits. There might be exceptions to that but certainly not in my wardrobe.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a bad idea?

Not too much in 42. And my style has been known to be aggressive...haha
Haha, I think if you can pull it off and if it fills a void in your wardrobe, it's a great deal. Seems to me though, that you're talking yourself into it for the mere sake of buying and nothing else, lol.

Not my style, but I'm known to be conservative. I'm even struggling wearing chestnut/gold museum/burgundy in terms of colour and derbies/boots/split toes in terms of style.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Haha, I think if you can pull it off and if it fills a void in your wardrobe, it's a great deal. Seems to me though, that you're talking yourself into it for the mere sake of buying and nothing else, lol.

Not my style, but I'm known to be conservative. I'm even struggling wearing chestnut/gold museum/burgundy in terms of colour and derbies/boots/split toes in terms of style.
Yes yes yes, you are correct.
I just got excited - then realized it doesn't make much sense.

Some museum calf oxfords would work much better...damn you Vass! haha

tbaja27

Reaction score
I never stray beyond black, dark brown, mid brown, and occasionally tan. All these green, blue, and museum shoes, look great on photos but don’t go well with 99% of outfits. There might be exceptions to that but certainly not in my wardrobe.
I do like dark navy shoes. Also burgundy/plum etc. So I will go for these colors.

Now...purple, green etc. Perhaps not at this time ?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark green is doable but it does stand out a bit. The shoes above are a bit too light for my taste

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW. I sent and email this morning to Vass to know about the shipping/delivery of my order placed on the 22nd. Fruzsina answer me this afternoon stating that Fedex was going to pick them up late in the evening and will send me an email with due status/tracking number. Perfect CS on my side!!.

tbaja27

Reaction score
FWIW. I sent and email this morning to Vass to know about the shipping/delivery of my order placed on the 22nd. Fruzsina answer me this afternoon stating that Fedex was going to pick them up late in the evening and will send me an email with due status/tracking number. Perfect CS on my side!!.

I got an email back today as well pertaining to a question I asked last week. I'm happy (but now have even more choices to make...)

:brick:

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
Fruzsina also responded to me and I ended up extending my order to three pairs:bounce2:
I have to say that I am quite pleased with Vass' response. Fruzsina has generally responded after 1-2 days which is quite good compared to my experience from ordering from and travellling to the US and indeed other European countries. My original order included a 50% discount on Budapest Oxford R. Vass discovered that the pair did not meet their standards so they remade the shoes from scratch which I found pretty good.

Potatoe

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience putting metal toe taps on Vass single JR soles?
Yes, Vass does a beautiful job for 16 euros, which is half of what most places charge.

Just ask in the notes section when you put in your order. They will send a second invoice for the taps. It takes a few extra days.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Yes, Vass does a beautiful job for 16 euros, which is half of what most places charge.

Just ask in the notes section when you put in your order. They will send a second invoice for the taps. It takes a few extra days.
Wish I'd known that for my previous pairs.
Well - good to know for the next ones ha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads