• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
Just acquired these beauties some weeks ago:
https://vass-shoes.com/shop/budapest-oxford-u/

in sizes 45.5, 45 and 44.5, respectively. They all fit extremely well and with the high instep, they are already some of most comfortable shoes I have. The two oxfords have a wide toe-box and the leather is so subtle that the break-in period has been painless so far. The Norweger on the Vibram sole are a tad stiffer, but also comfortable.

I studied this thread and Ascot Shoes where they used to have a brilliant sizing overview (sadly gone). So thanks to everyone for posting - it is a great help when ordering shoes online:)

My collection so far has included Allan Edmonds (I live far north and they suit the climate) Church's (old ones, bought 15-20 years ago), Cheaney, Loake 1880, Carmina and more recently Enzo Bonade. The Vass shoes are close to Bonafe in my opinion, but at the price point they are currently offered, they do represent a real bargain.

As a result, I have ordered two more pairs:eek:

phsiao08

Reaction score
Hi all - wanted to ask your opinion on the K last. I tried a 43.5 on F and fits well but it was too tight on the U last. I usually wear the equivalent in Carmina, C&J 348, EB 804....should I order the same size on the K or one size up?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just acquired these beauties some weeks ago:
https://vass-shoes.com/shop/budapest-oxford-u/

in sizes 45.5, 45 and 44.5, respectively. They all fit extremely well and with the high instep, they are already some of most comfortable shoes I have. The two oxfords have a wide toe-box and the leather is so subtle that the break-in period has been painless so far. The Norweger on the Vibram sole are a tad stiffer, but also comfortable.

I studied this thread and Ascot Shoes where they used to have a brilliant sizing overview (sadly gone). So thanks to everyone for posting - it is a great help when ordering shoes online:)

My collection so far has included Allan Edmonds (I live far north and they suit the climate) Church's (old ones, bought 15-20 years ago), Cheaney, Loake 1880, Carmina and more recently Enzo Bonade. The Vass shoes are close to Bonafe in my opinion, but at the price point they are currently offered, they do represent a real bargain.

As a result, I have ordered two more pairs:eek:

Enjoy your shoes sir.

I am in the middle of a returning process with Vass and willing to buy a couple pairs once I get the sizing correct, I hope that the current sale prices won't go.

I wonder if you can share the lasts and sizes you use in Loake, Church's, Carmina and Cheaney.

- 10.5 UK F in Church’s 173, Loake Capital and 026, Cheaney 125 and 130
- 10 UK in Heschung Odeon (in the middle of 10 and 10.5)
- 10.5 UK in Carmina Detroit
- 10.5 US in Alden Indy/405 in Trubalance

Thank you

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all - wanted to ask your opinion on the K last. I tried a 43.5 on F and fits well but it was too tight on the U last. I usually wear the equivalent in Carmina, C&J 348, EB 804....should I order the same size on the K or one size up?
If the U was to narrow it'll definitely be to tight on the K as the latter is even narrower than the former.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks! so you'd suggest the +1/2 size up?
I mean, if the F fit you and the U is to narrow, then your only options are either sizing up half a size or sticking with the same size but asking for a wider width. But if U was narrow, K will be narrower.

phsiao08

Reaction score
I mean, if the F fit you and the U is to narrow, then your only options are either sizing up half a size or sticking with the same size but asking for a wider width. But if U was narrow, K will be narrower.

I guess my question was +1/2 size of +1 size up in your opinion. I ave long and narrow feet ...brannock sizing would put me at 10.5UK but narrow width.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
Enjoy your shoes sir.

I am in the middle of a returning process with Vass and willing to buy a couple pairs once I get the sizing correct, I hope that the current sale prices won't go.

I wonder if you can share the lasts and sizes you use in Loake, Church's, Carmina and Cheaney.

- 10.5 UK F in Church’s 173, Loake Capital and 026, Cheaney 125 and 130
- 10 UK in Heschung Odeon (in the middle of 10 and 10.5)
- 10.5 UK in Carmina Detroit
- 10.5 US in Alden Indy/405 in Trubalance

Thank you

Absolutely, I use the following sizes:
10.5 in Loake 1880 Claridge last
10.5 in Carmina Forest (loafers)
10.5 in Cheaney 125 Last
10.5 in Church's (do not know the last as these were acquired some 20 years ago)

Interestingly, my Bonafe on the 946 last was in 10. I have fairly normal feet, but a bit wide around the toes and with a high instep.

Hope that helps and best of luck!!

Have just ordered Vass Norweger on the same P last (44,5) as the one I already have and the Budapest 3636, increasing this to 45.

Cheers

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess my question was +1/2 size of +1 size up in your opinion. I ave long and narrow feet ...brannock sizing would put me at 10.5UK but narrow width.
In my opinion, sizing up one whole size from F to K is too much. If that's the case, maybe K isn't a good fit for you generally. Maybe stay away from K.

tbaja27

Reaction score
In my opinion, sizing up one whole size from F to K is too much. If that's the case, maybe K isn't a good fit for you generally. Maybe stay away from K.

Agreed, I find having to size up to fit lasts make sthe shoe too elongated/big for me and I look like a clown, even if we talk only about .5. Sizing up one whole size is not adivsed

tbaja27

Reaction score

Attachments

• 0914.52.1.jpg
    0914.52.1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 112

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads