• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today...
B3A39D27-5DD2-4647-AA76-2A9D90118645.jpeg
CF634812-72D5-4BB2-A68C-464F088E8B81.jpeg

Also having difficulties to reach out to Vass. Contacted them on Ins, got a response and asked me to send them an E-mail, sent and no response for 3 days. I will wait patiently, wish everyone gets their response ASAP!

Ryannl

Reaction score
I think it comes with the territory. Expecting US-like level of customer service from a central-european shoemaker is nonsense.
I'm quite in love with the brand and simply expect that they may not be prompt in their responses.

And yes - pound for pound - I can't think of a "better" shoe :cool:
(P.S. I'm getting that U last, full-brogued oxford with thart crazy color scheme ha)
I just sent an e-mail asking if they can make a size that is out-of-stock. Suddenly I want another pair of black oxfords, this time the Alt English on the F last.
I have been in their store multiple times and their service exceeds US standards. Somehow they lost some employees and did not get new ones to answer emails and help people with their online purchases.

I can’t understand how in Corona times your online service can get so poor. Before 2020 I always got prompt replies too but since this year they are off their service level.

Hungarian monthly wages are like two to four pairs of vass shoes so I don’t get it why they hire two of three more employees so they can sell even more shoes online.

op131

Reaction score
I can’t understand how in Corona times your online service can get so poor. Before 2020 I always got prompt replies too but since this year they are off their service level.

I hear you... Did business with them twice last year, and Reka was a pleasure to deal with on both occasions.

tbaja27

Reaction score
I have been in their store multiple times and their service exceeds US standards. Somehow they lost some employees and did not get new ones to answer emails and help people with their online purchases.

Hungarian monthly wages are like two to four pairs of vass shoes so I don’t get it why they hire two of three more employees so they can sell even more shoes online.

Well yes, but then you'd take overhead costs out of that retail price and then you end up with more like 10 pairs of shoes for an employee (not saying that's a lot, not sure what Vass' turnover is).

Again, IMO, they "should" be better at CS, but aren't. I'm only saying, I'm not surprised. I'm born and raised in Eastern Europe. Business is not always top of mind for people. Well, rarely is.

Potatoe

Reaction score
As far as dealing directly with Vass, I avoid all frustration and just order through Mehra. They have excellent communication.

Mehra seems like a good vendor and they don't go crazy on the mark up. Their Carlos Santos and EB shoes are very reasonable, perhaps lowest in the industry. That said, for Vass, you are still going to pay a few hundred bucks more.

They have to charge this to carry the stock and to put the man hours into the customer service side of things. It's totally understandable.

Vass is selling hand welted shoes, with top end leather, lasted shoe trees, and toe taps. for 280 to 380 euros. No one else is doing that. In fact no one is even close to that. Meermin would be the only company in the ball park. Their leather / lasts wont be as nice, the trees wont be lasted, and the won't do toe taps for you. Further to that, Meermin has similar complaints regarding customer service. I have a pair of Leno Mastro from Meermin and I think there is a big gap, especially vs my Butapesters on BP which have a huge amount of detail and awesome leather.

Yeah it may be a bit of a PITA some times, but you are saving a huge amount of money.

For the record I have had no issues with the Vass customer service team. That said I am used to doing business in China and know that most of the world do not consider emails to be an urgent communication method. For the record 10 years ago they weren't considered urgent in north America either.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To think that 2 years ago I was just learning what Goodyear-welted shoes are. And now, 15+ pairs later, I keep wanting to add, add, add. :brick:?

I'm no shopaholic - but I just love them!

Almost 15 years in this rabbit hole as some gentleman named it.

My Gradma used to say "I don't count my jewels, I don't want to know how many I have or I have lost". I follow that inmense drop of wisdom. I don't want how much I have spent on shoes and don't want to know if I have shoes for my lifetime. I just enjoy them and smile secretly when I glance ladies eyeing my shoes.

Last edited:

tbaja27

Reaction score
Almost 15 years in this rabbit hole as some gentleman named it.

My Gradma used to say "I don't count my jewels, I don't want to know how many I have or I have lost". I follow that inmense drop of wisdom. I don't want how much I have spent on shoes and don't want to know if I have shoes for my lifetime. I just enjoy them and smile secretly when I glance ladies eyeing my shoes.
Well said.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Vass works nowadays with due shipping notifications to track the item delivery?. I placed my order through its web last thrusday and the only notification via email I received was "Successful Transaction" sent by SimplePay. Thanks

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Vass works nowadays with due shipping notifications to track the item delivery?. I placed my order through its web last thrusday and the only notification via email I received was "Successful Transaction" sent by SimplePay. Thanks
You'll get a notification once FedEx picks up the parcel. My packages were delivered to my door the next day.

tbaja27

Reaction score
I got a notification from fedex about 4 days after i placed my order. WIthin 2 days they were in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads