• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

op131

Reaction score
Thank you, sir. I can assure you they're working on your shoes. I ordered the same pair as you as well. They were OOS before I placed the order (I asked if they had my size in store) and offered to make a new pair for me. I spoke to them on Monday and was told they're in the making.

Have you tried to email them from another address? Your mails may unintentionally have been marked as trash or something?
Haven't tried that yet, worth a shot I guess.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jayteee

Reaction score
I size down 1/2 for the F-last. For me, they're both great fits. I have a high instep and low volume foot which is a perfect match for the U and F-lasts. The U-last is narrower around the toes, but nothing uncomfortable whatsoever. Both lasts hug the heal comfortably. Although sizing up/down between the lasts, I don't experience any noticable difference in length. I don't feel like my feet have excess room in U compared to F eventhough taking 1/2 size larger.

To conclude: U is narrower around the toe area and lower (less volume) compared to F.
I have U envy! The full brogue U's that arrived this week hugged my outside toes too aggressively. I reluctantly have to sell them, despite how much I love their looks. I'll try again a half size bigger, or resort to the F last.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have U envy! The full brogue U's that arrived this week hugged my outside toes too aggressively. I reluctantly have to sell them, despite how much I love their looks. I'll try again a half size bigger, or resort to the F last.
I'm sorry to hear that. Do they fit length wise? If so, have you considered going extra wide instead of moving up a size?

jayteee

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. Do they fit length wise? If so, have you considered going extra wide instead of moving up a size?
The length is comfortable. Trouble is all in the toe box width. Extra wide might work. I would need to deal with emailing an MTO order. Wonder how reliable they are with the details.

CWV

Reaction score
The length is comfortable. Trouble is all in the toe box width. Extra wide might work. I would need to deal with emailing an MTO order. Wonder how reliable they are with the details.
If they agree on making a wider shoe maintaining the discounted price PLEASE let me know.

Ryannl

Reaction score
So I replied back accepting the first option since I didn't mind the wait. Since then, total silence. Followed up on September 30, October 14 and 20, just asking for an update -no replies.
Granted we're going through exceptional times, but this is very unprofessional! I did business with them twice last year, and the online service/communication was very smooth and timely.

I have the exact same issue albeit for a longer time. Did anyone have contact with the Vass staff recently?

Since March 6th I have been emailing, facebooking and calling them. I only got one reply by email where they requested extra information but since august this year they ignored me at every attempt.

They even don’t answer their phone during business hours anymore.

I hoped I could resolve my issues with their shoes with them but I am now considering legal support because I can’t contact them.

Are there any people here with Hungarian law experience? I have no clue where to start with them about their faulty shoes. Sigh

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my Vass 4-5 pairs are F Last. I am unable to wear anything slimmer than F as that is alrady snug and requires break in to be comfortable. U even at 1/2 size up would be a risky option.

op131

Reaction score

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads