• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Okay, these are exquisite! https://vass-shoes.com/shop/budapest-oxford-u/
ASM_2129.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

lexmann

Reaction score
Agree with someone about the inconsistency in sizing (kind of). The toe box of my right K last cap toe is a bit higher than the left. Still keep this pair because of the good sale price.

SRV

Reaction score
Had my first pair of Vass boots (Austerity Brogue Oxfords in Brown Cordovan on F Last) delivered today. I am disappointed with the sloppy packaging and delivery of the boots. Each boot arrived in a separate shoe box with lasted shoe trees. But they didn't put any filler material in the boot shafts. Boots seemed to have moved around the shoe boxes during the shipping and there was extreme amount of folding on the shafts for both boots!

I am attaching pictures of the boots right after unboxing. The vamp and base of the boots that had shoe trees to support came out fine (Top view picture below). This makes me realize the quality of workmanship in these boots; unfortunately messed up by sloppy packaging during delivery. Please see the stunning stock image from Vass Online store at the end for comparison!

Can I get rid of or reduce these folds working on them with Deer Bone or Spoon? I have pairs of boots that had 10 yeas of usage that haven't crumpled so badly! Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2149.jpg IMG_2150.jpg

BrownCordovan_AusterityBrogueOxfordHighBoot1012.34.1.jpg

Last edited:

monkey66

Reaction score
You should definitely buy them ??

On a serious note, has anyone seen or have shoes in the grey museum calf? I'm seriously considering a pair.

I have been looking too as they have my size (44). Just not sure about grey as a shoe colour. I'm not sure where one would wear them. I guess they could easily be darkened with a little cream if one wanted more subtle. The pictures look to have brown notes but probably just lighting?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking too as they have my size (44). Just not sure about grey as a shoe colour. I'm not sure where one would wear them. I guess they could easily be darkened with a little cream if one wanted more subtle. The pictures look to have brown notes but probably just lighting?
I'm seeing brown notes as well. If they're dark and have brown notes, I think they'll be quite versatile. They'll probably go well with light and medium grey trousers. Navy should work as well as long as the shoes are dark enough.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my first pair of Vass boots (Austerity Brogue Oxfords in Brown Cordovan on F Last) delivered today. I am disappointed with the sloppy packaging and delivery of the boots. Each boot arrived in a separate shoe box with lasted shoe trees. But they didn't put any filler material in the boot shafts. Boots seemed to have moved around the shoe boxes during the shipping and there was extreme amount of folding on the shafts for both boots!

I am attaching pictures of the boots right after unboxing. The vamp and base of the boots that had shoe trees to support came out fine (Top view picture below). This makes me realize the quality of workmanship in these boots; unfortunately messed up by sloppy packaging during delivery. Please see the stunning stock image from Vass Online store at the end for comparison!

Can I get rid of or reduce these folds working on them with Deer Bone or Spoon? I have pairs of boots that had 10 yeas of usage that haven't crumpled so badly! Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1480617 View attachment 1480618

View attachment 1480631
Since it's on the shaft, I think it'll be difficult to get rid of them, imo. On another note, I didn't think Vass was making Cordovan boots any more...

jayteee

Reaction score
Just got my U-lasted Oxfords in the mail today, and IMO they are the sleekest, most elegant Vass l
I'm seeing brown notes as well. If they're dark and have brown notes, I think they'll be quite versatile. They'll probably go well with light and medium grey trousers. Navy should work as well as long as the shoes are dark enough.
I've noticed the museum color is the background color. So in the case of gray museum, seems to be charcoal/black with gray background. That should work with most outfits except khaki/browns.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. How does the U fit compare to your F fits?
I size down 1/2 for the F-last. For me, they're both great fits. I have a high instep and low volume foot which is a perfect match for the U and F-lasts. The U-last is narrower around the toes, but nothing uncomfortable whatsoever. Both lasts hug the heal comfortably. Although sizing up/down between the lasts, I don't experience any noticable difference in length. I don't feel like my feet have excess room in U compared to F eventhough taking 1/2 size larger.

To conclude: U is narrower around the toe area and lower (less volume) compared to F.

op131

Reaction score

Very nice!
I ordered the same pair in dark brown museum on June 18, and I am still waiting... Got an update on July 10(!) that my size was OOS and was offered the option of making a new pair with a lead time of 5-6 weeks, or a refund, or picking a different RTW model. So I replied back accepting the first option since I didn't mind the wait. Since then, total silence. Followed up on September 30, October 14 and 20, just asking for an update -no replies.
Granted we're going through exceptional times, but this is very unprofessional! I did business with them twice last year, and the online service/communication was very smooth and timely.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice!
I ordered the same pair in dark brown museum on June 18, and I am still waiting... Got an update on July 10(!) that my size was OOS and was offered the option of making a new pair with a lead time of 5-6 weeks, or a refund, or picking a different RTW model. So I replied back accepting the first option since I didn't mind the wait. Since then, total silence. Followed up on September 30, October 14 and 20, just asking for an update -no replies.
Granted we're going through exceptional times, but this is very unprofessional! I did business with them twice last year, and the online service/communication was very smooth and timely.
Thank you, sir. I can assure you they're working on your shoes. I ordered the same pair as you as well. They were OOS before I placed the order (I asked if they had my size in store) and offered to make a new pair for me. I spoke to them on Monday and was told they're in the making.

Have you tried to email them from another address? Your mails may unintentionally have been marked as trash or something?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads