• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Potatoe

Reaction score
The same could be said for anyone shopping anywhere, online or retail. You shop at your own peril. That being said these are an mto pair purchased from shopmehra, so listing it for "several hundred more than I paid for" is quite a profound rational. I've actually listed the pair below my original purchase price and even mentioned twice that I was open to offers below the listed price.

You aren't a retail store though, you're just a guy who bought a pair of shoes that don't fit and are now hoping that someone unknowingly over pays and covers your own purchasing error. There is an expectation when selling on a forum that you are operating in goof faith and not just looking to get over on another member.

In fairness to you, the fact that you overpaid does make this a lot less scummy. Given those exact shoes just came off what was a 45% discount it did appear that you were sort of scalping them. I do apologize for the douche bag comment.

Those shoes with the taps would cost $440 shipped direct from VASS.

Given this is a forum and supposed to be a community, why not just list them for that (or slightly less). That would be a Win / Win, as you would get the full and fair current value for your asset and someone else gets a pair they like with out accidentally over paying.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im Not Listening GIFs | Tenor

Kivi D

Reaction score
You aren't a retail store though, you're just a guy who bought a pair of shoes that don't fit and are now hoping that someone unknowingly over pays and covers your own purchasing error. There is an expectation when selling on a forum that you are operating in goof faith and not just looking to get over on another member.

In fairness to you, the fact that you overpaid does make this a lot less scummy. Given those exact shoes just came off what was a 45% discount it did appear that you were sort of scalping them. I do apologize for the douche bag comment.

Those shoes with the taps would cost $440 shipped direct from VASS.

Given this is a forum and supposed to be a community, why not just list them for that (or slightly less). That would be a Win / Win, as you would get the full and fair current value for your asset and someone else gets a pair they like with out accidentally over paying.

I never claimed to be. I'm merely stating that no matter where you shop, be it from a private entity or retailer, you may be subject to over paying/under paying if you don't educate yourself first. I get that there is an expectation to sell in good faith, which is why I noted both on my post and listing that I was open to any reasonable offer and not "$600 FIRM ON PRICE, NO OFFERS ACCEPTED" or something along those lines.

Given the fact that I listed under the purchase value with offers accepted, it should be evident that I'm not trying to get one over on another member nor am I looking to profit off the pair.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never claimed to be. I'm merely stating that no matter where you shop, be it from a private entity or retailer, you may be subject to over paying/under paying if you don't educate yourself first. I get that there is an expectation to sell in good faith, which is why I noted both on my post and listing that I was open to any reasonable offer and not "$600 FIRM ON PRICE, NO OFFERS ACCEPTED" or something along those lines.

Given the fact that I listed under the purchase value with offers accepted, it should be evident that I'm not trying to get one over on another member nor am I looking to profit off the pair.
Seems this is all a misunderstanding. I'm sure you didn't intend on getting one over on another member and I understand the other members' good intention in pointing out to potential buyers that the shoes can be found at Vass for cheaper as well.

Jumping to conclusions tends to escalate matters. Let's all move on. I'm sure you all mean well. Hope you treat a potential customer fairly and get to sell your shoes to someone who will be happy with his purchase. Good luck!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you pay when ordering from Vass? Seems as if they don't take PayPal payment anymore? The only option is something called simplepay. Do I have to set up/register an account?

Jan Capek

Reaction score
How do you pay when ordering from Vass? Seems as if they don't take PayPal payment anymore? The only option is something called simplepay. Do I have to set up/register an account?
Simplepay allows credit cards.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same pair. Purchased them last yr. Enjoyed wearing them last Friday. At the 40% discount it is a steal. Enjoy. Let us know your impressions when they arrive.
Glad to hear. I'll make sure to share my experience. If it's anything near my expectations or what I've experienced the last 10 years I've pruchased from Vass, it's going to be great. I have the exact same make up in walnut museum, but was looking for a darker colour cap toe to add to the rotation. Now if only I didn't miss out on these, I'd be super hyped https://vass-shoes.com/shop/alt-english-u-2/

ChiefPotato1

Reaction score
I couldn't resist at those buy one get one free prices before. The deer brown suede is darker than I expected, but will make a nice bad weather beater. One strange thing that stood out to me was these two pairs felt noticeably lighter and less stiff than my older pairs of single soled Vass. The antique cognac calfskin is quite nice and the P2 last just fits me so nicely.

View attachment 1459099 View attachment 1459101
Hello,

How are you finding the deer brown suede shoes? Are you wearing them casually or with formal business wear?

Thank you

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

How are you finding the deer brown suede shoes? Are you wearing them casually or with formal business wear?

Thank you
I actually ended up returning them. I was planning to wear them for bad weather days with rain and snow. I wear a suit to work everyday and I wouldn't have an issue wearing the Norwegers to work in bad weather. If the weather is pleasant, I would probably wear a more formal shoe with suits. I think it's a pretty versatile shoe depending on your wardrobe and style

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads