• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wrote to [email protected] and had a nice reply 48 hours later.
Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L - Find & Share on GIPHY

Potatoe

Reaction score
Not sure how asking for $600 is reasonable when the same shoes are listed on the web site for $360 USD. Also if I remember correctly all the Gold Museum were an extra 15% off a few weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if the last is new, but the shoes are which is a good sign as there was speculation that they were closing down.

BTW I hate that last.
According to their IG is elongated like most Italian lasts. Would like to see a comparison against other lasts of them. I recently took a photo to compare two other lasts from two other makers... Italians really like long lasts.

Carmina Simpson in 9UK vs Santoni (don't know the last) in 8.5 UK and yeah, although the Santoni looks "bigger" it's just the volume that is bigger, width is about the same.

Potatoe

Reaction score
According to their IG is elongated like most Italian lasts. Would like to see a comparison against other lasts of them. I recently took a photo to compare two other lasts from two other makers... Italians really like long lasts.

Carmina Simpson in 9UK vs Santoni (don't know the last) in 8.5 UK and yeah, although the Santoni looks "bigger" it's just the volume that is bigger, width is about the same.

I hear ya, both those look very elongated and its a an odd combo with the monk straps.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Not sure how asking for $600 is reasonable when the same shoes are listed on the web site for $360 USD. Also if I remember correctly all the Gold Museum were an extra 15% off a few weeks ago.

Not sure if you completely read the post but I said I was open to reasonable offers. If you want to compare their website to my listing more power to you. I'm not saying I'm offering a deal of a lifetime and by all means purchase your pair directly from Vass, in fact I urge you to if you can find your size. Don't even know why you bothered to mention the 15% off? That was a promo from a few weeks ago. Perhaps you're suggesting I should run a promotion as well? Try to compete with my competetor?

Please troll elsewehre, as I am just trying to sell my shoes for anyone who has a reasonable offer.

Potatoe

Reaction score
Perhaps you're suggesting I should run a promotion as well?

Well If I'm being honest I was suggesting that your are trying to take advantage of someone who might not be aware of the current price for this pair of shoes.

Buying a product at retail and trying to sell it for several hundred more then you paid for it because you got the last of a certain size is more or less scalping and its generally frowned upon. I would say it's even worse when you are using a community forum to do it.

It's somewhat expected that people on ebay and craigslist are going to be douche bags.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Not sure if you completely read the post but I said I was open to reasonable offers. If you want to compare their website to my listing more power to you. I'm not saying I'm offering a deal of a lifetime and by all means purchase your pair directly from Vass, in fact I urge you to if you can find your size. Don't even know why you bothered to mention the 15% off? That was a promo from a few weeks ago. Perhaps you're suggesting I should run a promotion as well? Try to compete with my competetor?

Please troll elsewehre, as I am just trying to sell my shoes for anyone who has a reasonable offer.
Bloody hell; the guy has made a rather reasonable observation about the price differential between what you are offering and a new pair from Vass. But you fly off the deep end and label him a 'troll'? What is the world coming to?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, obviously you are free to charge what you like but using a community forum to price gouge members is in poor taste, imo.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Buying a product at retail and trying to sell it for several hundred more then you paid for it because you got the last of a certain size is more or less scalping and its generally frowned upon. I would say it's even worse when you are using a community forum to do it.

The same could be said for anyone shopping anywhere, online or retail. You shop at your own peril. That being said these are an mto pair purchased from shopmehra, so listing it for "several hundred more than I paid for" is quite a profound rational. I've actually listed the pair below my original purchase price and even mentioned twice that I was open to offers below the listed price.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Yeah, obviously you are free to charge what you like but using a community forum to price gouge members is in poor taste, imo.

If you think I'm price gouging, I'm more than happy to show a receipt of my purchase.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think I'm price gouging, I'm more than happy to show a receipt of my purchase.
I saw your response above... I think all you had to do was offer that simple detail in your initial reply instead of immediately jumping down @Potatoe throat and reverting to name calling.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics