• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I ordered to Canada and I got my shoes in less than a week. I think I got a notification confirming my purchase shortly after the purchase. Communication via email is lackluster. Better to go through IG if you can.

alexboss

Reaction score
I ordered to Canada and I got my shoes in less than a week. I think I got a notification confirming my purchase shortly after the purchase. Communication via email is lackluster. Better to go through IG if you can.
I live in NYC, I got right away an email from simplypay, with the charge to my card. After that nothing, Instagram, facebook, emails, even phone calls.

weriker

Reaction score
They‘ll deliver - their communication is hit and miss unfortunately.

My MTO request had been ignored for weeks. Then they answered. Now I‘ve been waiting for another two weeks on their answer to my follow-up-question, no luck yet.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They‘ll deliver - their communication is hit and miss unfortunately.

My MTO request had been ignored for weeks. Then they answered. Now I‘ve been waiting for another two weeks on their answer to my follow-up-question, no luck yet.
Apparently it is only Eva Vass handling communication. It took me 3 months to get a reply about carrying their shoes. They will eventually get there, but they should do much better.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass communication is the least of their strong points. They do make great shoes. I’ve purchased them through distributors so not going to say much but folks here have had to wait a bit longer at times.

alexboss

Reaction score
Vass communication is the least of their strong points. They do make great shoes. I’ve purchased them through distributors so not going to say much but folks here have had to wait a bit longer at times.
I just bought a Meccariello shoes, last Friday, I chatted with Antonio, he suggested some changes to the order. I got the tracking number yesterday, shoes arriving on Wednesday by DHL. A complete different experience. Shoes are superior. Just a little frustrated paying 400+ USD and getting zero sales support.

London_UK

Reaction score
Just a quick update, I was advised by someone from Vass to try a thin insole due to the gaping issue. I received the insoles from Amazon yesterday and I’m sad to report that they did absolutely nothing. The good news is, I’ve since sold both of my Vass shoes and hopefully one day, I can have a personalized last made as I love the F last.

The first picture is without the insoles and the second picture is with. View attachment 1400463
View attachment 1400464

I too suffered from your same problem, tried with inserts, 3/4 & half, gaping there. Even tried thin socks thick socks and without socks still gapping !!!!

Have you tried any other lasts from VASS ? I tried 3636 but in a smaller 1/2 size and no gapping but obviously I need to check if it fits in the correct size ....

Reluctant to buy again from VASS but so tempted by this NORWEGER, but unless I get testimonials of someone with flat feet who has no gapping, I will not buy another VASS.

1600190126706.png
:

Attachments

• 1600190104820.png
    1600190104820.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 66

LThomsen

Reaction score
I just bought a Meccariello shoes, last Friday, I chatted with Antonio, he suggested some changes to the order. I got the tracking number yesterday, shoes arriving on Wednesday by DHL. A complete different experience. Shoes are superior. Just a little frustrated paying 400+ USD and getting zero sales support.
What AM shoes did you buy?

Kivi D

Reaction score
I too suffered from your same problem, tried with inserts, 3/4 & half, gaping there. Even tried thin socks thick socks and without socks still gapping !!!!

Have you tried any other lasts from VASS ? I tried 3636 but in a smaller 1/2 size and no gapping but obviously I need to check if it fits in the correct size ....

Reluctant to buy again from VASS but so tempted by this NORWEGER, but unless I get testimonials of someone with flat feet who has no gapping, I will not buy another VASS.

I had extra insoles included with both pairs and they really didn't do much. I tried thicker insoles with tongue pads, which helped mitigate the gaping a little. I'm hoping to get a half size bigger in the F last to see how that will go.

I'm in the same boat, the shoes are amazing but because if the sizing issues who knows if I'll ever be able to wear this brand.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had extra insoles included with both pairs and they really didn't do much. I tried thicker insoles with tongue pads, which helped mitigate the gaping a little. I'm hoping to get a half size bigger in the F last to see how that will go.

I'm in the same boat, the shoes are amazing but because if the sizing issues who knows if I'll ever be able to wear this brand.
I’m sorry to say but I don’t think that going up in size will work, at least it didn’t for me. I’m a 7 UK and first tried 41, that was the first time I experienced the gaping issue. So I figured the shoes were just too big since they also felt big then I ordered two pairs in 40.5 and the gaping was still present. I ended up selling all 3 of my Vass shoes. Way too many quality shoemakers to be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Most of Vass’ lasts simply don’t work if you have flat feet.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score

View attachment 1458848 :
I purchased the Norweger on the P last a few months ago. The fit was excellent, and had no gapping issue. The break in was a ***** for about a day, and then perfect. I should also note that I have flat feet.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1458848 :
I haven’t tried any other lasts besides the F and now I’ve given up on them entirely as fit is king.

London_UK

Reaction score
Thanks CS, I am taking your word to the bank and ordering tomorrow, if they pick up.
They changed their discounts this week, so hopefully prices will not go up tomorrow :rolleyes:

I purchased the Norweger on the P last a few months ago. The fit was excellent, and had no gapping issue. The break in was a ***** for about a day, and then perfect. I should also note that I have flat feet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads