• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with Shop Mehra recently to commission an MTO?

Kivi D

Reaction score
Same, I did a couple MTO's last month. Extremely easy to work with and they usually replied to me within a couple hours.

willyto

Reaction score
Is anyone here ordering a spade sole on their brand new Vass shoes? Someone sent a pair to be remade that way.

sforum1

Reaction score
Is anyone here ordering a spade sole on their brand new Vass shoes? Someone sent a pair to be remade that way.

If you watch Bedo's videos you'll notice that most of them are projects where the owner seems that they have too much money and they just don't know what to do with it, for example spending $600 to restore a Magnanni pair that you can get brand new for $150. Or spending $600 to replace the soles of a pair of which the soles are still 90% new. Or replacing the soles of a new JL because the soles it came with were not JR soles. Or, in this case, spending $600 to butcher a brand new beautiful pair of shoes that did come with JR soles and which shoes did not cost $600 themselves. Of course, let's just say that all of us here from the outside we look just like that. Someone can easily say that spending $2,000 on a pair of boots is no less crazy than spending $600 to restore a $150 Magnanni pair which will look nowhere close to the new pair the $150 would buy you in a million years. I don't know but good for the owners and good for Bedo who's having a lot of fun while making a living. And good for all of us who get to watch all of this.

Last edited:

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you watch Bedo's videos you'll notice that most of them are projects where the owner seems that they have too much money and they just don't know what to do with it, for example spending $600 to restore a Magnanni pair that you can get brand new for $150. Or spending $600 to replace the soles of the pair of which the soles are still 90% new. Or replacing the soles of a new JL because the soles it came with were not JR soles. Or, in this case, spending $600 to butcher a brand new beautiful pair of shoes that did come with JR soles and which shoes did not cost $600 themselves. Of course, let's just say that all of us here from the outside we look just like that. Someone can easily say that spending $2,000 on a pair of boots is no less crazy than spending $600 to restore a $150 Magnanni pair which will look nowhere close to the new pair the $150 would buy you in a million years. I don't know but good for the owners and good for Bedo who's having a lot of fun while making a living. And good for all of us who get to watch all of this.
Yeah but are they yours though.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
What about paying 600+ for fixing horrible 40 y.o. plastic LV bag with a sticky lining? People are marsupialed , you just have to roll with that.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with Shop Mehra recently to commission an MTO?
I have purchased a few vass shoes and boots and have recently order a pair of loafers. Gaurav is legit!! No pushy sales and is very knowledgeable with the brands he sells!!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a few vass shoes and boots and have recently order a pair of loafers. Gaurav is legit!! No pushy sales and is very knowledgeable with the brands he sells!!
I really wanted to MTO a shell/suede boot, but seems they won't do that

Berto1

Reaction score
57FC77E2-E64E-4A51-BA78-146EA9593A6F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads