• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E. coli

Reaction score
I paid last night and I got a confirmation of shipping this morning. Shoes to arrive Monday.
Damn must be VIP! Or Got connections! ? First time customer with no connections patiently awaits here. ?

E. coli

Reaction score

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the photos, my feet are similarly flat curious to see how they will fit in mine. The shoes I ordered are on the P2 last and not sure if that makes a difference.
Hopefully you’ll have better luck than me. I may try their custom program next by providing them with measurements.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am downsizing/ Marie Kondo-ing my wardrobe, so I'll be selling a few pairs of Vass. I think they're all 43.5 and one 43. They've only been worn a handful of times, and I thought I'd give you guys some advanced notice. Pictures, etc, to follow later today. Hopefully a good home can be found for them.
@CrashBurner and I may be fighting over those 43, make sure you put them up here when it's night time in Australia ???

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots are on F last, Short Wings are on the P2 last.

20170228_153436.jpg

20170228_153457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gmehra

Reaction score

Attachments

• vass-heel.jpg
    vass-heel.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 81

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the heel does look a bit short, here is the heel on another pair of black calf old-english oxfords. single leather sole
Not sure! I just ordered them off the website directly in May 2019.

sforum1

Reaction score
I watched many of your videos and you seem to not lose a chance to praise Vass. From my experience, these are indeed some of the greatest shoes out there that at these current prices make Lobb/EG/GG look like a huge waste of money. What surprises me though is looking at the pics above and I cannot see how you can still praise a brand that fits as horribly as these shoes do. I would not be able to do that. Somehow part of me would think that it's not just my feet but there must be something wrong with the shoes too. And who knows, there might be.

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched many of your videos and you seem to not lose a chance to praise Vass. From my experience, these are indeed some of the greatest shoes out there that at these current prices make Lobb/EG/GG look like a huge waste of money. What surprises me though is looking at the pics above and I cannot see how you can still praise a brand that fits as horribly as these shoes do. I would not be able to do that. Somehow part of me would think that it's not just my feet but there must be something wrong with the shoes too. And who knows, there might be.
I know what you mean. But if you watch my Vass videos, they’re more of an unboxing than a review. So in most cases, I’m more talking about the shoes aesthetics, construction, etc than I am about fit. When I first tried on the shoes, they fit, it wasn’t until I wore them out to a wedding that I realized that something was amiss as they felt uncomfortable but not in a tight or loose way.

Also Vass is a brand that many enthusiasts have been singing their praises on here way before I ever had my first pair of quality shoes, so I’m sure that’s it’s warranted although in my case, the fit didn’t work.

Fitting is very subjective though, so I would never put a brand down if their shoes don’t fit me. I just chalk it up to their last isn’t a good match for my feet and I move on. I hope that clears things up for you.

lowland4me

Reaction score
Haha thanks. Double monks are still my favorite dress shoe pattern and Vass one of my favorite shoemakers, but somehow I don't like how Vass double monks fit on me unfortunately. Otherwise I would not let such a stunning pair go.
Agreed, the Double Monk are a fav of mine as well. Someone ought to jump on here! Well maintained, beautiful, fairly priced, if only they were a UK 12! Good luck mate!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads