• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s up, bro? Not that I know of as these are the only shoes I’ve ever had this issue with. I’d say probably slightly but I’m not sure. This is my feet in Sons of Henrey for example.
View attachment 1400655
Upon further review, I do have flat feet but Vass is the only brand to really exposed it. I went back and tried on all my other shoes, I notice it slightly on my TLB Artista and my Carlos Santos 401 last but all of my other shoes are perfectly fine. Very odd but at least now I know.

E. coli

Reaction score
Hi! How long did it take you to receive the email confirming the payment? I just bought a pair recently but nothing on the inbox yet. Don't know if that is normal.

The confirmation of payment e-mail came shortly after the order was placed. The e-mail was automatically generated from SimplePay which I believe is the payment system/software Vass uses to process payments online on their website. Message begins with:

"Dear Client,

Hereby we inform you that transaction received on the webpage http://www.vass-shoes.com has been successfully arranged by the customer. If you have any questions about the product or regarding the shipping please contact the retailer (Vass László Kft.)."

Followed by specific detail of the buyer, transaction ID, amount of payment and product ID.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upon further review, I do have flat feet but Vass is the only brand to really exposed it. I went back and tried on all my other shoes, I notice it slightly on my TLB Artista and my Carlos Santos 401 last but all of my other shoes are perfectly fine. Very odd but at least now I know.
Any chance you can post a photo of the Vass pair with the gaping issue from the side (off foot), to see how they rest on a flat surface?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't a flat feet per se but it's more my heel that leans inwards so I get a little bit of this issue cause my weight goes to the inside if the shoe. But since I do have a normal arch the shoe doesn't gap that much

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I paid last night and I got a confirmation of shipping this morning. Shoes to arrive Monday.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can post a photo of the Vass pair with the gaping issue from the side (off foot), to see how they rest on a flat surface?
Here are a few more pictures including pictures including my feet to better illustrate how flat they are.
F14795B5-FFC5-405E-BA2C-8A3D1814BC21.jpeg
2914158C-CABB-4F72-BB11-9A88E7AD3D79.jpeg
1377A051-E711-40D4-8667-43C805C6C3B5.jpeg
A1E381C7-C418-40F2-B422-198E631FF3BD.jpeg
0C259F8D-B8B3-4B36-B0C4-FE9556836A3C.jpeg
5C5BB489-CF0D-4677-B46F-05748A935F7A.jpeg
7CEA0A9A-50AF-4857-B8EE-1AFE31B78CCC.jpeg

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Vass just send all my orders to me without warning and despite teh fact that I asked them to hold the shoes until mid June. Lol they are so dysfunctional. I hope these are the ones I actually have purchased.
Will post pics on Monday.

Fliegerguy

Reaction score

I wouldn't daresay it's the main reason, but one of the causes is because that front part of the heel is off the ground.

I have been saying this for ages. When stepping on the shoe, the heel is forced to lie flat, pushing the quarters up. Resulting in the bowing you see around the ankle, which is just above the heel.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't daresay it's the main reason, but one of the causes is because that front part of the heel is off the ground.

I have been saying this for ages. When stepping on the shoe, the heel is forced to lie flat, pushing the quarters up. Resulting in the bowing you see around the ankle, which is just above the heel.
That makes sense to me.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not only that, the *ball* is off the ground, which I think would create the same issue. I've noticed in a lot of their product photos that the shoes seem to rest somewhere between the ball and the toe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads