• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What have you all liked from the sale? I have a couple boots from them, but don't see many of those being offered.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think current prices are Covid prices. Meaning , extraordinary. This reminds me of what was happening in Manhattan amid financial meltdown in 2008, when Saks5thave was liquidating everything at 60-70% discount.
I agree with you: Vass at low 300s is an unbelievable value. I am often in Budapest and even 10 years ago I was not able to get cash price this low from the store.

If they are so desperate they put everything on deep sale, why are they not responding to emails for full-priced MTO?
They can't really be short of sales, if they don't even have time to reply to messages for lucrative work

Doesn't really make any sense.

Maybe the store is closing? Mr Vass has Covid?

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are so desperate they put everything on deep sale, why are they not responding to emails for full-priced MTO?
They can't really be short of sales, if they don't even have time to reply to messages for lucrative work

Doesn't really make any sense.

Maybe the store is closing? Mr Vass has Covid?
I hope not, the Buday store down the street recently went out of business.

judges76

Reaction score
Buday moved from that block a few years ago to another part of the city.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update, I was advised by someone from Vass to try a thin insole due to the gaping issue. I received the insoles from Amazon yesterday and I’m sad to report that they did absolutely nothing. The good news is, I’ve since sold both of my Vass shoes and hopefully one day, I can have a personalized last made as I love the F last.

The first picture is without the insoles and the second picture is with.
A7A0BFE0-C063-4D62-A1D2-929493677C75.jpeg

B6A23BE9-D7A8-4B31-B86C-E93ABDECD25B.jpeg

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
I am guessing you are EEE wide and the shoes are D medium. You need MTO from Vass or another maker that offers EEE width (may be Carmina) May be Forest last?

Vince131

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Like most of you, I am facing communication issues with Vass ...
As far as I know, lasted shoe trees are included when you order.
If you order half shoe size (41,5 for example), what shoe trees are you getting (size 41 or 42) ?
As I beleive they don't have half shoe trees size, they put the upper or lower shoe trees size I guess.

If anyone can clarify this matter, it would be helpfull.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just a quick update, I was advised by someone from Vass to try a thin insole due to the gaping issue. I received the insoles from Amazon yesterday and I’m sad to report that they did absolutely nothing. The good news is, I’ve since sold both of my Vass shoes and hopefully one day, I can have a personalized last made as I love the F last.

The first picture is without the insoles and the second picture is with. View attachment 1400463
View attachment 1400464
Do you have flat feet, V?

gmehra

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

If you order half shoe size (41,5 for example), what shoe trees are you getting (size 41 or 42) ?
As I beleive they don't have half shoe trees size, they put the upper or lower shoe trees size I guess.

Vass adds the shoe trees that they feel fits best

monet33

Reaction score
Just and update on those waiting for replies from Vass. I was able to communicate with Peter the grandson and he didn’t know about the non replies. He said he will be making changes to reply and create an account on here to help those who have questions soon.

FYI - I am not affiliated with Vass or getting sponsored. Just a regular guy trying to help out as peter helped me out with my purchase. I had to wait a long time too before a response but once he replied it was all good

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am guessing you are EEE wide and the shoes are D medium. You need MTO from Vass or another maker that offers EEE width (may be Carmina) May be Forest last?
Funny thing is I take regular size from every other maker except for Vass and never have an issue. I’d consider my feet width to be regular AF.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have flat feet, V?
What’s up, bro? Not that I know of as these are the only shoes I’ve ever had this issue with. I’d say probably slightly but I’m not sure. This is my feet in Sons of Henrey for example.
06D8D63F-137F-4B6D-ABFC-FEB21CF95FB3.jpeg

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

0van_92

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just checking to see if any of you have had any communication in the last week with Vass? I placed my first order on their website last Monday 5/25 and other than an email confirming payment I have not received any correspondence. I reached out to their email yesterday and this morning via IG and no luck. I did notice they updated their IG today. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi! How long did it take you to receive the email confirming the payment? I just bought a pair recently but nothing on the inbox yet. Don't know if that is normal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads