• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E. coli

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just checking to see if any of you have had any communication in the last week with Vass? I placed my first order on their website last Monday 5/25 and other than an email confirming payment I have not received any correspondence. I reached out to their email yesterday and this morning via IG and no luck. I did notice they updated their IG today. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Vass has been running an amazing sale lately (I am in for 5 pairs). Those sample, one off shoes are fantastic deals. But watch their site they constantly vary discounts.
As far as Vass communication style ; it is horrible at times. They will reply in a month and tell you that they were so so busy with the latest SALE.....That is what I have heard from them repeatedly. But I would not worry, you will get your order eventually, with some excuses.

Last edited:

E. coli

Reaction score
Vass has been running an amazing sale lately (I am in for 5 pairs). Those sample, one off shoes are fantastic deals. But watch their site they constantly vary discounts.
As far as Vass communication style ; it is horrible at times. They will reply in a month and tell you that they were so so busy with the latest SALE.....That is what I have heard from them repeatedly. But I would not worry, you will get your order eventually, with some excuses.

Thank you for the feedback really appreciate it! Indeed it is a helluva sale and they are probably swamped- I await patiently.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm just hoping they will restock the previous styles (now running very low on stock)

Or at the very least let me order an MTO of the same models

Again, I can get no communication about either

Ranjeev

Reaction score
No response to an email to Vass from a couple of weeks ago or to a DM on IG earlier this week.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Hungarians are 'special' when it comes to communication. They don't reply to your e-mail if they don't have a good news, such as 'here is your tracking number'. They will remain quiet until such time when the sale is over.
If you are e-mailing with general questions that are not pertaining to any paid order you will never hear from them.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Vass makes such a great value shoe. If their customer service was as good as their competition so many more Americans would buy vass shoes.

sforum1

Reaction score
Good luck getting a response. Communication has of course always been an issue based on what you hear from people and my own personal experience, but what I think might be happening now is that they put a number of models on sale and these are shoes they don't necessarily have readily available to ship. If they do, they will go ahead and ship right away but if not, they will go to work and start making them. They will likely ignore your emails until the shoes have shipped. Also likely these days due to the lower prices they are getting a lot of emails asking about size availability, potential MTOs etc, besides the emails from customers asking where their order is. But they only have one person say that answers emails who possibly does other things too. So unless you ask, hey, I want this model in size X and color Y and I'm ready to buy and please send me an invoice, then you are likely to be ignored. 2 of my emails in the last 3 weeks went unanswered.

SRV

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just checking to see if any of you have had any communication in the last week with Vass? I placed my first order on their website last Monday 5/25 and other than an email confirming payment I have not received any correspondence. I reached out to their email yesterday and this morning via IG and no luck. I did notice they updated their IG today. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My orders for in-stock RTW models placed before May15th, were all delivered within 7-10 business days.

As most of the replies suggest, Vass is still a small business and doesn't have the complete infrastructure for e-commerce or customer support. While other vendors send out an email as soon as they ship out their orders, I get only the order received and order completed (after the shipment reaches you) emails from Vass. Getting a heads up email that the order has shipped, would be good.

For US orders, Vass uses Fedex for delivery. So, I signed up on fedex.com for notifications, and now Fedex sends me an email when a package is coming to me.

E. coli

Reaction score
FYI- received a reply via IG message acknowledging they are busy but will be replying to my email. Thanks everyone for the feedback,

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
For US orders, Vass uses Fedex for delivery. So, I signed up on fedex.com for notifications, and now Fedex sends me an email when a package is coming to me.
Fedex always dinged me with taxes in US. I only like them when I ship from Japan as they are the cheapest.
Vass makes such a great value shoe. If their customer service was as good as their competition so many more Americans would buy vass shoes.
I think current prices are Covid prices. Meaning , extraordinary. This reminds me of what was happening in Manhattan amid financial meltdown in 2008, when Saks5thave was liquidating everything at 60-70% discount.
I agree with you: Vass at low 300s is an unbelievable value. I am often in Budapest and even 10 years ago I was not able to get cash price this low from the store.

Last edited:

SRV

Reaction score
Fedex always dinged me with taxes in US. I only like them when I ship from Japan as they are the cheapest.

I presume you mean Customs Taxes for orders over $800,

Do we have an option other than Fedex to US ? What shipping option do you use from Vass?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads