• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinequanon

Reaction score
Please let us know the last of the shoes, your Brannock size and the shoe size. That would help the forum members to provide specific help.
My Vass is a 39.5U (probably should have gone 40U). My feet are slightly off-sized, right foot is slightly longer and wider and in this case some pressure to my pinky toe. It's the lateral side of his heel area that really hurts, the leather is so stiff and somehow there's a small area that are particularly eating my foot when I walk.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vladimir! I saw your video on the Vass black cap toe and that is the reason I started looking at this brand. Thank you

I wear the following but not really consistent in sizes.
Allen Edmonds in 6.5D US
Carmina Rain 6UK (bought a 6.5 but was big so waiting on my exchange)
Vass 40 but probably could go to 39.5
Koio sneakers 39

I used this measuring picture to send my measurement pictures to Peter and from there he was able to size me correctly.
Got it, thank you! I'm still trying to dial in my fit with Vass as mines don't fit.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vladimir,
Will you have any new shoe videos coming out ?
I am interested to see what shoes you put in your $1000 plus black cap toe shoe selection.
I do actually. I'm working on the top shoe brands between 1k and 2k. The BCTO version would be done at a later date.

monet33

Reaction score
Got it, thank you! I'm still trying to dial in my fit with Vass as mines don't fit.
You should try that measurement guide and send him the pictures. He could probably get the right fit for you

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should try that measurement guide and send him the pictures. He could probably get the right fit for you
Thanks for the advice. I was able to make contact via IG and he recommended that I try MTO next time by sending in my measurements. He also advised me to try a thin shoe pad for the gaping issue. I just ordered one from Amazon and I'll see how it goes.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lowland4me

Reaction score
Vass question, but sort of related to the current Vass conversation. I'm a US 13 D, looking at a pair of Black Italian Oxfords in a U Last. FYI - I'm a big guy, if that matters. Available size is UK 46. Thoughts please.
Dumb question perhaps, are the RTO Vass shoes Beveled?

monet33

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I was able to make contact via IG and he recommended that I try MTO next time by sending in my measurements. He also advised me to try a thin shoe pad for the gaping issue. I just ordered one from Amazon and I'll see how it goes.
I tried the pads on another shoes and it make the shoe fit tighter around the foot(Laced area) if that is what you need.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the pads on another shoes and it make the shoe fit tighter around the foot(Laced area) if that is what you need.
He recommended it because my foot is apparently too flat for the last. We'll see how it goes.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shined these Vass Color 8 Budapester Shell High Boots!!

9D24EEBB-5DE7-4ACD-BB2F-0DFD25319098.jpeg

D7E8BB29-A25D-4CCB-9C1F-946A2608814C.jpeg

5EAAD94B-40F4-4CF7-A39F-A271F1A6B2B0.jpeg

ABBE9076-041D-4BA3-ACA7-B05BC1B8A9DD.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics