• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The size is supposedly 44 with some modifications. But it feels like a 44.5 wide. It is a classic Black cap toe oxford nothing special. I ordered through Ascot because I was a rookie and did not even know Vass had a website. (In my defense the website was down at the time). I can understand the no refund but Not been a remake like they said they would do? I don't even know why Ascot exists and is still in business. There is nothing they offer that Vass does not do for half the price.

they offer the split toe derby, I think that’s exclusive to them.

yes, request a charge back from PayPal, that will get their response.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For dinner this evening.
CCAA0F67-0F56-4504-A0C1-AB40E815D730.jpeg

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear F Last Size 43 really well (NMWA Vass Scotchgrain Split Toe Derby). I wear size 10 or 43 for Meermins, Allen Edmonds and Armoury Shoes.
I've found the F Last to be one of the best fitting last for my foot, although visually, i've found the U last to be much prettier (personal preference ofc). I have 43 in both last. But if i could do it again, i'd probbaly either size up in width for U last, or maybe try a 43.5. It's just ever so slightly narrower in the toes for me.

For reference, i wear a 8.5UK in Carmina rain last (although now, i'd probably go up a width or even try a 9UK), 9UK in Inca last. 9Uk in new rey Meermin. 9UK in EB 363 MOD, 946 and 74945 last (have tried 8.5 which also works)
Sorry, I missed this posts. For example, Meermin Rui in 9UK has way to much volumen at the instep, I'm waiting for a chukkas in the Hiro (9UK) to see how it fits. Righ tnow my best fitting shoes is Lobb Lopez in 8.5 E UK

Which would be my best bet in F, U and P2 lasts?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed this posts. For example, Meermin Rui in 9UK has way to much volumen at the instep, I'm waiting for a chukkas in the Hiro (9UK) to see how it fits. Righ tnow my best fitting shoes is Lobb Lopez in 8.5 E UK

Which would be my best bet in F, U and P2 lasts?
Rui has way too much instep for any last. F last fits similar to Hiro? A tiny bit wider in the forefoot which suit me a lot better. I wear 9UK for most shoes. I really like the F last, haven't tried the others.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rui has way too much instep for any last. F last fits similar to Hiro? A tiny bit wider in the forefoot which suit me a lot better. I wear 9UK for most shoes. I really like the F last, haven't tried the others.
Ah, nice! Hope that the Hiro Chukkas I got, arrive today and maybe those would be a good starting point.

EOO

Reaction score
Vass sizing question. I own a pair of Vass double monk calf in F last, EU 45. It was just a bit snug in the vamp on my right foot but it is breaking in nicely. I am now looking at a pair of oxfords in the R last. Is the R last much roomier than the F last? Thanks!

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EU44 Vass Oxford Plum Museum Calf.
P2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is the "regular" cognac colour?

It seems a bit "reddish" in the photos on the vass website

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can advise me whether Vass make boots in full Cordovan still. I’d made inquiries a year or so ago and was told no. I’ve noticed on their site that they are producing shoes in Cordovan, but there’s no boots advertised in Cordovan.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Cheers

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can advise me whether Vass make boots in full Cordovan still. I’d made inquiries a year or so ago and was told no. I’ve noticed on their site that they are producing shoes in Cordovan, but there’s no boots advertised in Cordovan.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Cheers
I asked them about this a few weeks ago. Here is the reply I got.

"The cordovan leather supply has narrowed and prices have risen sharply.

The manufacturer increased the prices by almost 50%. Our prices have changed to 750 € vat free.

Shoes: 750 vat free

Chukka: 1049 € vat free

High boots: 1258 € vat free"

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling these if anyone is interested.

EU44 Vass Oxford Plum Museum Calf. Worn three times, so they are basically brand new. I am getting rid of them because I have too many burgundy shoes. Original box shoe bag and shoe trees included. P2 Last $299.99 plus shipping

I may be interested as I have wanted a pair in plum as well as a museum.

however I do have the galoshes oxford captor in burgundy from nmwa and I am concerned this is too close a shoe. As you have plenty of burgundy, any chance you have and can compare and maybe some closeups of this plum museum calf?
thank you @Patrick1053

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be interested as I have wanted a pair in plum as well as a museum.

however I do have the galoshes oxford captor in burgundy from nmwa and I am concerned this is too close a shoe. As you have plenty of burgundy, any chance you have and can compare and maybe some closeups of this plum museum calf?
thank you @Patrick1053
The galosh cap toe is made with burgundy (probable crust calf) It is much redder in tone and is consistent in color. The Plum museum calf is really like a plum, so it is dark purple. In the sun that is where you see the variation of the brighter red tones mixed with the purple. I have both burgundy crust calf and Plum museum calf. The colors are very different. For example, I use burgundy Saphir polish on one and tobacco on the other. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need more info. Here are some pictures I pulled off the internet. I think it shows how one is more of a red/brown, and the other is a deep purple with variation.

Burgundy Calf (more red-brown)

bur1.JPG

Plum Museum (Darker purple tone with variations of brighter red tones)

bur2.JPG

Additionally, here are some links that help convey what I am saying.

Burgundy calf
https://vass-shoes.com/shop/theresianer-p2-2/

Burgundy museum calf
https://vass-shoes.com/shop/italian-oxford-u-bordeauxmuseumcalf/

I think the difference should be clear.

Last edited:

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked them about this a few weeks ago. Here is the reply I got.

"The cordovan leather supply has narrowed and prices have risen sharply.

The manufacturer increased the prices by almost 50%. Our prices have changed to 750 € vat free.

Shoes: 750 vat free

Chukka: 1049 € vat free

High boots: 1258 € vat free"
Thanks @Patrick1053 - that’s great info. Do Vas’s offer much in the way of a discount for GMTOs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics