• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

soender

Reaction score
So, anyone has any idea if VAT / any other duty will have to be paid during delivery ?
It seems that the calculation on the website is a mistake - as you are not leaving the EU VAT until 2020-12-31.
If I was you, I'd take the chance. Especially if there is a sale item that you like. Quite the deal at EUR 370.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or have I not seen a lot of discussion on the Budapest last on this thread? Was searching through to see what people say about sizing and maybe not a lot of people have tried it. I find the unique shape really interesting.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, if I put in a UK address, it is deducting VAT and charging outside EU shipping charges.

Thanks to you, @soender and @Andrew0409 for the heads-up about the sale.

Order placed for two pairs; fingers crossed they arrive OK and the fit works (ordered on lasts I’ve not worn before). I got very tempted by the R-last austerity brogues, but 3+ new pairs is overkill.

sforum1

Reaction score
Personally not a fan of the Vass charm at the moment, just got a pair in (44.5 F) that is noticeably tighter than a pair in the same size and last that I tried on previously.

These are a fight to get on my feet and painful once they're on, but when I tried them on in a store the 45 had some slippage while the 44.5 was still snug but not uncomfortably so.

I love how they look and the quality of the construction of course, but I'm resigning to return these and look elsewhere (maybe AM or C&J) in the immediate future because I can't trust the sizing.

had the same experience. It feels as though sizing is random. Really not worth it. Because you may say, oh well, if this one is tight let me go half size up and when you get it it feels 2 sizes too large or magically even smaller than the previous one. Not sure what’s going on with this company. Now this of course gets much worse when you had to do an MTO order and had to pay more and wait for months to receive, only to find out when you finally do that they don’t fit, not even close. Is it really worth it? I had so many pairs I planned to own and was ready to purchase through MTO but I gave up. I’ll take my business elsewhere. I don’t have time and money to waste on Vass.

Also, the fact that they may be seeing all these complaints and get all the feedback from their customers and don’t do anything about it, that, in and of itself, should tell us something. Are they hoping they’ll sell more this way as you keep buying until you get it right, do they just not care, are they incompetent, something else? I don’t know. I’d like someone from the company to read this and reply letting us all know what’s going on.

Last edited:

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Sizing seems to be issue from other posters,
had the same experience. It feels as though sizing is random. Really not worth it. Because you may say, oh well, if this one is tight let me go half size up and when you get it it feels 2 sizes too large or magically even smaller than the previous one. Not sure what’s going on with this company. Now this of course gets much worse when you had to do an MTO order and had to pay more and wait for months to receive, only to find out when you finally do that they don’t fit, not even close. Is it really worth it? I had so many pairs I planned to own and was ready to purchase through MTO but I gave up. I’ll take my business elsewhere. I don’t have time and money to waste on Vass.

Also, the fact that they may be seeing all these complaints and get all the feedback from their customers and don’t do anything about it, that, in and of itself, should tell us something. Are they hoping they’ll sell more this way as you keep buying until you get it right, do they just not care, are they incompetent, something else? I don’t know. I’d like someone from the company to read this and reply letting us all know what’s going on.

The sizing issue is sad to hear. I think I will pass now since they don't do free shipping so returns add up. Plus they don't have anything I want at 44.5

Andrew0409

Reaction score
What's the exchange process like for Vass, I am worried about sizing but the sale price is really good. I was thinking of buying it from TLB's artista's line, but Vass is about the same price on sale.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Vass F last 44.5 fits me very well. I also wear a 11 E Antonio Meccariello, US11.5 D, and 11 E G&G.

LThomsen

Reaction score
I emailed vass about sizing and they advised me to order a 44.5.
I think a us 11 D is a vass f last 44.5

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Sorry error...I think a us 11 d is a vass f last 44

I will message them to confirm. I see a pair I want in 44 F last. I may pull the trigger on them once they can confirm. Thanks.

These are my first pair of nice dress shoes, the price is fantastic from weeks of research. My next pair will be from TLB because that's where my price range is, but the sale makes Vass the same price range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads