• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sforum1

Reaction score
So they don't reply to any email in weeks how should I buy the MTO?
It's perhaps part of the MTO wait time. N months to place the order and M months to receive the order.

But they are good shoes.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can order some Vass Black cap toe oxfords online. I live in the US.

AdductorMagnus

Reaction score

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling these beauties

vass_budapester-1.jpg
vass_budapester-3.jpg
vass_budapester-4.jpg
vass_budapester-5.jpg

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can order some Vass Black cap toe oxfords online. I live in the US.

no man walks alone although they have limited sizes on the black cap toe at the moment, worth a look. They also have a style forum 10% discount. That might be combinable with an initial order $50 discount although I am not sure. Take a look on their thread and ask them. FYI, the vass all come with shoe trees at their pricing.

the_dude_

Reaction score
Dear Vass Colleagues,

after going through all those 1534 pages and ordering a pair of Vass I decided to join this forum.
So hello to you all.

I receved those beautiful pair of theresianer boots in dark brown.
Absoulutly magnificent (sry for bad phone photo).
But after inspecting the soles I discoverd a slight gap in the center of the heel block on both boots.
Is this kind of bothersome for the durability of the boots?
Or is this not worth mentioning?

Regards
a happy vass shoe customer ^^ and now finally styleforum member

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Vass Colleagues,

after going through all those 1534 pages and ordering a pair of Vass I decided to join this forum.
So hello to you all.

I receved those beautiful pair of theresianer boots in dark brown.
Absoulutly magnificent (sry for bad phone photo).
But after inspecting the soles I discoverd a slight gap in the center of the heel block on both boots.
Is this kind of bothersome for the durability of the boots?
Or is this not worth mentioning?

Regards
a happy vass shoe customer ^^ and now finally styleforum member

View attachment 1327862 View attachment 1327863 View attachment 1327864
I wouldn't worry about it. Nice pair, what last?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted Vass some days ago. I got an initial reply. They asked me for some measurements and pictures. I sent it to them and have not gotten a reply in several days.

Did anyone have problems with them not responding?

Also, does anyone know if they will make adjustments to the last to get a better fit? I know Ascot shoes will do that for me, but they are way more expensive.

the_dude_

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. Nice pair, what last?

It's on P2.
Visited them in Budapest in Dec. tried out F and P2.
Although both lasts were super comfortable I decided to go with P2 on the boots.
(I think that they surprised me with double to single taper sole; I just said that I want double soles)
Will post some more pics.

Well after receiving this pair I'll definitely order again. Some oxfords in black and oxblood.

willyto

Reaction score
If the heels sit flat in the floor and they are well fixed I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Those boots look really nice and the tappered double leather sole will look a bit more elegant.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@the_dude_ I think they'll be fine, but if you're worried you could always add a thin bead of shoe-goo or barge cement (can't remember if this one dries clear) along the gap to prevent water intrusion.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are awesome boots. I have been considering a pair of oxfords in “dark brown” but have always thought it looked a little dull in most pics compared to similar shades from Crockett and Jones etc.. but these boots are making me change my opinion.

I wouldn’t worry about the sole at all. It will likely flush out after you wear them a bit.

the_dude_

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys!

I do have to say that I told Mrs. Vass that I want a real dark brown.
She explicitly wrote it on the specification.
I dont know if its a darker batch variation of the standard dark brown leathers or maybe a darker polish?
(It seems to me that those boots are in a slightly darker brown than the shoes in the Vass store.)

Here are a couple more pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads