• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exdeath

Reaction score
That osloer is badass. I wanted to get one too with a similar makeup but I can't decide what shade - I have enough boots of every color!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the norweger boot?

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh right that was a beauty. nice shade too... youve got one hell of a collection and in the nice colors too..

the osloer in the u last has an appeal to me but again u last looks off in larger sizes. someone posted it here a few years ago, and kuti mentioned it as well that u last was designed for the japanese market in size 39-42. its no surprise that the larger sizes look off
That osloer is badass. I wanted to get one too with a similar makeup but I can't decide what shade - I have enough boots of every color!
Thanks! I don't have a huge boot rotation, but do try to mix in and limit it to a variety of colors and patterns. Hell, I could end up with a rainbow of calf and shell Osloers alone.

what do you guys think of the norweger boot?
I prefer how everything just flows with the Osloer, but I'd certainly wear a Norweger as well. Don't you have a mixed scotch grain version? stmaier has the nice brown museum one...his burgundy cap toe got me thinking about a similar F version.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ very nice! Is the top boot on s last? Would you mind sharing the shoe size?

Last edited:

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Phew...happy to get one of the last from this batch.

Yes, the F will be a boot. 43.25 would probably be perfect for me on F calf, so 43 shell should work out well. I have no Color 8 (
shog%5B1%5D.gif
), and one of the Vass IG photos pushed me over the edge. I may look at the chisel for a calf shoe once I recover from these. 

You're a 43.5 in F lasted calf boots? What's your size in F lasted calf shoes? 43? Someone mentioned that Vass boots seem to be a half size larger versus their shoes in the same size.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello Odd,

Vass trees (2 and 3 pieces) come in whole sizes, i.e. 41, 42, 43.
A size 43 tree will fit into a size 43.5 shoes.

Can those that take half sizes in Vass let me know how you find the shoe trees a half size smaller fitting? I can't imagine the fit being ideal. Would it be better to take a shoe tree a half size larger?

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're a 43.5 in F lasted calf boots? What's your size in F lasted calf shoes? 43? Someone mentioned that Vass boots seem to be a half size larger versus their shoes in the same size.

I seem to be in between. I have 43 in F shoes and chukkas, but they can be a little snug at times. 43.5 in shoes are a little too big. 43.5 in a calf oxford boot actually worked fine with medium socks. A 43 shell boot should be perfect. My 43 shell P2 boot is roomy, but I don't think I'd size down.

I've had 43 trees for 43.5 P2, U and F, and the fit is solid.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like the U last alot but going by my better instinct, i had to order a pair in S last instead to fit my slightly widish and low instep. Also a size 44. It is en route.

I might ask Mr Kuti about the new C last.

what did you order?!

striker

Reaction score
Me ordered a pair of Espresso shell double monks for casual wear, the color is fantastic, perhaps the best shell color I prefer and dare I say the best of almost any shell producing tannery, quite similar to C&J Brown Shell. But shell production as you know is a fickle thing and I dun go all out to endorse a particular shade as it varies from batch to batch.

Like I mentioned before, the S last looks much better when you wear them than in photos so you probably don't see alot of photos of it as they turn people off. As mimo said, they are Tricker-ish in looks and he is correct. They work better size 44 and up while the Italian last look nicer in smaller sizes.

According to Reszo, new last will be coming in fall. They said they are always working on something new. I am not entirely sure if it is going to be a chisel toe or not.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They arrived already? Were they modeled after the GG grosvenr by any chance?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight striker. I'll muse over a possible mto on slast. I was hoping to try on the slast last week but size 44 was their biggest size

Cal135

Reaction score

What a shame! I was thinking of this makeup as a boot and I was particularly fond of your makeup. Why not shell? I agree that shell may be to casual for many models but it's perfect on the norweger

I agree that cordovan looks especially good on Norwegers, but for me, especially the way how calf (and scottsgrain) ages, there is just no comparison. Calf wins 10/10 times.

But THAT makeup as a boot would be awesome. How come I haven't thought that? It would be perfect with semi casual/ casual out fit...

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can those that take half sizes in Vass let me know how you find the shoe trees a half size smaller fitting? I can't imagine the fit being ideal. Would it be better to take a shoe tree a half size larger?

I'm a size 41,5 in U and have had both size 41 and 42 shoe trees in my shoes. I would definitely recommend going down 1/2 size instead of up. The 1/2 size bigger shoe trees stretched my shoes to the extent that the facings were almost overlapping and causing gaps around the ankle. Attached are pictures of my frequently used 4 years old Vass shoes featuring 1/2 size smaller shoe trees.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the P2 last in both boot and blucher form?

If so, have you found that the P2 last is a half size bigger in the boots than the bluchers?

This seems to be the case with NMWA's current high boots, but I'm not sure if it's true across the board. I spoke with Parker and he found his P2 size to be the same in both boot and blucher models.

Thinking about placing a special order for P2 boots and just want to be sure of sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads