Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Wow at that NST boot - just ordered one from alden otherwise i'd get the same. Really like those Bluchers though...

2. Frank Davis

Frank Davis Well-Known Member

Nice boots they all look so stunning I can't even look for fear to get jealous and go buy one and later end up broke and homeless.

3. Yooxaddict73

Yooxaddict73 Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Most of the shoes on the pictures look like AE or some other generic brand on a bland, slightly rounded last. What is the attraction? Construction., and the fact that they might be hand-made?

Save for U last and occasional apron stitch model the shoes are unremarkable imho.

4. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

I don't get it. Most of the shoes on the pictures look like AE or some other generic brand on a bland, slightly rounded last. What is the attraction? Construction., and the fact that they might be hand-made?

Save for U last and occasional apron stitch model the shoes are unremarkable imho.

To each his own, I guess. Though they are substantially nicer than anything from Yoox [​IMG]

The construction is tough to beat in RTW shoes and impossible to beat for the price. I find both the F and U last to be quite remarkable and see why others enjoy the more traditional shapes.

5. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

[​IMG]

Is this the first ever pic of the 5 eye London in F? Great idea to go suede, understated elegance. love the balance. Could be nice in cognac pebble too. I find I like the simple 'boring' classics more than bells and whistles, and this is plain and solid.

6. Guero

Guero Senior member

I don't get it. Most of the shoes on the pictures look like AE or some other generic brand on a bland, slightly rounded last. What is the attraction? Construction., and the fact that they are hand-made?

Yes and yes.

7. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Thanks guys! Glad you like them. I agree that the straight London derby really highlights the F last which was my exact intention.

yooxaddict - I too wasn't enamored by Vass when I first saw photos. They grew on me a bit over time, but when you actually feel them in your hands you can immediately tell just how much of a step up they are from most manufacturers. They're just different enough from the English makers to make them unique while retaining classic qualities. Exciting is the word I usually use for Vass. Trust me that they're fantastic and I'm sure you'd feel the same if you saw them in real life.

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

you're pretty new to shoes?

9. theyare

theyare Senior member

New acquisition, which I'm bummed are too big. Also a couple of belts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. brax

brax Senior member

While I know that that Vass offers antelope leather as an option, I don't think that I have ever seen a pair. Does anyone have any experience with Vass antelope leather shoes?

11. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

New acquisition, which I'm bummed are too big.

[​IMG]

Austerity brogue on F last is my favorite combo, sorry to hear about fit issues.

12. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Austerity brogue on F last is my favorite combo, sorry to hear about fit issues.

Seriously. Those things rock.

13. geoffmartin17

Yeah i just got the austerity brogue in suede and its amazing - contemplating getting another in shell

An aside: I'm looking to get several more vass on the NEXT order...want to get some solid styles. What should i aim for? I'm thinking a cordovan norweger, perhaps a chukka...

What else?

14. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Yeah i just got the austerity brogue in suede and its amazing - contemplating getting another in shell

An aside: I'm looking to get several more vass on the NEXT order...want to get some solid styles. What should i aim for? I'm thinking a cordovan norweger, perhaps a chukka...

From my limited experience, Vass cordovans tend to fit 1/2 to a full size larger than their calf counterparts of identical size. I believe that David recently experienced this as well with his double-monks. YMMV.

15. geoffmartin17

From my limited experience, Vass cordovans tend to fit 1/2 to a full size larger than their calf counterparts of identical size. I believe that David recently experienced this as well with his double-monks. YMMV.

That complicates matters!