1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

^^^^I have all of them above love them all & you can't go wrong with any make up you choose to do.

2 people like this.
  2. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Thanks and great to hear!

1 person likes this.
  3. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

Yes, both sound lovely.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

big fan

5. ecwy

ecwy Senior member

Haven't seen fritzl around in ages. Thought he was back when you quoted him.. turns out it was a bunch of old posts you quoted.

Actually, I don't understand but why the necro quotes? Because of the DM?

I was also under the impression Epaulet hasn't stocked Vass in ages but I don't follow their thread much.

6. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Personally, I'd prefer it the other way around. But if you have a plum Adelaide already, then I think you have to go this route. Regardless it will look great!

7. danielyam

danielyam Well-Known Member

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Was so eager to wear these that I skipped the carpet break-in and went straight to pavement. Loving them so far!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  9. phphl

phphl Active Member

Hey gents! Looking to get some new vass shoes and have got a question regarding museum calf...

I understand that museum calf is thinner than the calfskin vass is offering. May I hear you guys' opinion on the actual difference? Does it warrant any sizing-down?

10. peppercorn78

I have both Vass calf and Vass museum and they seem similar in thickness and weight, actually. My museum calf from Bonafe seens slightly thinner. Not sure if that's due to a thinner lining or if they source from different tanneries.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  11. phphl

phphl Active Member

Thanks! Good to know that! May I know whether you get your Vass museum calf recently? (like within these 2 years)

I somehow recall that the original tannery of museum calf went burst and everyone switched to a new tannery (?) Just wanna make sure that your comments are still pertinent to the museum calf that Vass is currently offering.

Anyhow, really appreciate your comments!

12. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

+1 to what peppercorn78 said. I have 3 Vass museum calf shoes (all within past 2 years I think) and one Bonafe museum calf. The Bonafe is definitely thinner. I don't see much difference in thickness between my Vass museum calf and regular calf either. I definitely wouldn't size any differently than you would for regular calf.

13. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

You NEED to be posting more pics of these beauties ASAP!

Edit: it seems you already have...and they are as glorious as I would imagine!!

2 people like this.
  14. peppercorn78

Haha, yeah I have posted plenty. Thanks, man! Glad you enjoy them. Also, just a good FYI that Vass can execute this style quite well, for anyone who isn't quite ready to fork out 1300 for the Lobb version. ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Thanks for the comments. I would have done the other way around too but I don't want too much overlap. I have so many shoes already and want so,etching different from what I currently have, even when the leather amd colors are the only differences.

16. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

I thought I would do an interest check here in the thread before posting them in the Buy and Sell area or putting them on the bay. I have a pair of new in box, U last, mid brown suede chukka boot in size 43.5. PM me if you are interested, price will be very competitve. Trees are included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    2 people like this.
  17. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

[​IMG]

Vass relaxing moments in Ibiza.

3 people like this.
  18. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

I would have hoped that a picture in Ibiza would have shown one of those shoes off with a pile of drinks around it and perhaps some under garments... Maybe I am remembering my time in Ibiza 15 years ago differently.

1 person likes this.
  19. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

The beaches are fairly tame and quite void of obnoxiousness when you aren't visiting during Spring Break or peak season. The clubs on the other hand...

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  20. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

I went there for work[​IMG]. Although I had a gin tonic after the pic was taken. Crazy party is over for me....