• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi, does anyone own a pair of shoes or boots on the F last in a UK 8 (42) - I would be interested in knowing the internal length of the shoe.

Thanks.
Bear in mind that the length of Vass shoes varies a lot by last. Very roomy shoes can end up being on the short side.

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe @venividivicibj asked to see some comparison photos of the F and 3636 last.

Here are several different angles (spoilered for those who don't want to flick through them on their phones)

There are probably some distortions due to camera angle, but hopefully they give an idea.

I have tried hitting the thumbs up button about 100 times, but it will only register once. :(

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Osloer is the Vass Model. Norweger is the sitiching that carries out that model.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

whast the difference between Osloer and Norweger?

i thought Norweger had the "burred" edges while Osloer were smooth...but im seeing conflicts between posts here, email from vass, and web searches

e.g. see here
http://zimmermannkim.com/?cat=122
I don't know why the Osloer boot should be different from the Norweger shoe. It might have a closer relation to the Londoner with raised stitching, although I don't think that model has split toes.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whast the difference between Osloer and Norweger?

i thought Norweger had the "burred" edges while Osloer were smooth...but im seeing conflicts between posts here, email from vass, and web searches

e.g. see here
http://zimmermannkim.com/?cat=122

Yes - my Norweger have cut edges which have been stitched together. My Osloer have a raised ridge which has been stitched to keep it that way but is essentially one piece of leather across the toolbox versus three pieces on the Norweger. Both pairs are the stock mods ordered from Vass.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RogerP id like to revise my answer. boot in same size and last is bigger than shoe. about 1/4 sizes big. having worn the flast boots twice now, theyve stretched out a little and now im wearing them with a very thin vass insole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads