• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Them U caps!
inlove.gif

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe @venividivicibj asked to see some comparison photos of the F and 3636 last.

Here are several different angles (spoilered for those who don't want to flick through them on their phones)

There are probably some distortions due to camera angle, but hopefully they give an idea.

Nice! What are the two leathers?

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe @venividivicibj asked to see some comparison photos of the F and 3636 last.

Here are several different angles (spoilered for those who don't want to flick through them on their phones)

There are probably some distortions due to camera angle, but hopefully they give an idea.

Great comparison and great shoes!!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gorgeous

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit question for my Vass bros - anybody have both an F-last shoe and an F-last tall boot and can comment on comparative fit?

Same size in both?

Preferable if the boot is non-goyzer as that seems to add it's own fit variable.

I sometimes go up a half size in a tall boot but not sure I should here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mister RogerP, so the whiskey valways are on the f last and they fit identically to my f last norweger shoe. both are shell, blucher-style, flat welt, no goyser, and fit comfortably in my size 45. from my experience i would take same size if you enjoy fit of existing pair

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerP

That red cognac pair of u wings with Goyser looked great. Recall the shoes? Loud but stylish.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^vass is probably one of the only few shoe makers where you don't have to speak in hypotheticals. Ime, they have been pretty flexible to work with and provide timely responses. Just email Kuti and ask

If only Vass could replicate the split toe stitching on the Dover/Nevis and Thorpe/Hove.

By the way it's killing me to see all these awesome shell boots and shoe while knowing that they will no longer accept orders for shell footwear.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why not? I ordered a shell pair a month ago

It was maybe two weeks ago that Kuti told me no more shell MTOs for a while.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you order directly from Vass how does payment work? Full amount up front, half up front and the other half on delivery or full amount after the shoes have been completed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads