1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

David- what's your sizing?

44 on the U and 43.5 on the F and P2. I do have some room in the P2, but more width-wise than length-wise.

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Just the fact that I don't know what the length of the Budapest last is compared to the P2 since I haven't tried one on before.

ask vass. should be easy.

3. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

Does anyone here wears a US 12D/E? If so, can you tell me your size in Vass, preferably F last?

4. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Just posting to see if there are any mor epictures of NST's on p2 or f last; i ordered one on F with goyrser but am rethinking....

5. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Just posting to see if there are any mor epictures of NST's on p2 or f last; i ordered one on F with goyrser but am rethinking....

Here:

the P2 is sleeker in person than in pics. These feel substantial without being clunky. I'd love them in scotchgrain cognac or Oxblood..
    6319 is not quite so orange as in first 2 pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

colour comp with EG antique chestnut just for fun:
    [​IMG]

6. geoffmartin17

Pliny,

Thanks for the great pictures, as always. I was worried initially that the p2 last was too blobby, but i think it strikes a nice balance for this type of shoe, and probably more suitable for the goyser stitching i got on it. Absolutely love the simplicity of yours - might be tempted to get another p2 norweger but in scotchgrain.

Great pics, great looking shoe.

7. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

[​IMG]
    My gd that is beautiful, thinking about getting theresianer boot in whiskey, what do you think?

8. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Here:

[​IMG]

colour comp with EG antique chestnut just for fun:
    [​IMG]

Very nice. The original Peter looks even nicer with the Norweger, but you need pretty slim feet to squeeze in.

I'm about due to get a pair almost like these, but in Antik Cognac on the 3636-- which I don't recall seeing done anywhere before. Let's hope!

9. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Does anyone here wears a US 12D/E? If so, can you tell me your size in Vass, preferably F last?

10. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

My gd that is beautiful, thinking about getting theresianer boot in whiskey, what do you think?

Unfortunately Vass won't do the high boots in shell cordovan anymore. Sad.

11. geoffmartin17

Do they do dainite soles in addition to the vibram?

12. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

this pair is great. what are the details of this model? last/leather/soles
    [​IMG]

13. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Do they do dainite soles in addition to the vibram?

Nope. They can topy leather soles, but the vibram is the only rugged rubber sole they have.

this pair is great. what are the details of this model? last/leather/soles

I believe it's the NST in cigar shell cordovan with natural soles and goyser welt.

14. geoffmartin17

Yes that is the nst in cigar with natural soles/360 goyser. can't wait for mine...though i did antique cognac and not cigar

15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

P2 or Peter? Looks like P2 to me, but I'm not sure.

I may need to order a pair.

Any comments on fit comparing F and P2?

16. geoffmartin17

I'm pretty sure its the p2.

17. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I got a pair. I guess I was lucky.

18. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I got a pair. I guess I was lucky.

Bastardo! Yeah, I believe they used to do them, but won't now for whatever reason.

19. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

Damn, and I really thought I nailed my next pair, anybody have an F-Last Theresianer in Calf?

20. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Pliny,

Thanks for the great pictures, as always. I was worried initially that the p2 last was too blobby, but i think it strikes a nice balance for this type of shoe, and probably more suitable for the goyser stitching i got on it. Absolutely love the simplicity of yours - might be tempted to get another p2 norweger but in scotchgrain.

Great pics, great looking shoe.

Cheers - I was surprised when I first saw P2 in the flesh as it's not at all blobby IMO. Quite sleek really, and I believe Vass meant it as a first foray into sleeker Italian/English styles - the Cusey post on Vass in AAAC has more about it. I like the simplicity too - I wanted to get a really nice shoe I could wear casually without feeling overdressed, and I think this does it. The Goyser stitching sounds great - did you go contrast colour or try to match it?

Very nice. The original Peter looks even nicer with the Norweger, but you need pretty slim feet to squeeze in.

I'm about due to get a pair almost like these, but in Antik Cognac on the 3636-- which I don't recall seeing done anywhere before. Let's hope!

Cusey reckons the Budapester shows off the Vass Norweger style best, but to me that really would look blobby. Very keen to see it on the 3636, I've been tempted but afraid the fit won't work.

P2 or Peter? Looks like P2 to me, but I'm not sure.

I may need to order a pair.

Any comments on fit comparing F and P2?

The P2 is very similar in fit to the F - just a little wider forward of the heel. When you look at the trees the P2 obviously has more volume all round. The F sole shape is more of an hour glass. The waist on the P2 is not beveled and the heel is broader and a millimetre or two shorter. I don't find the P2 particularly wide. It's just a great round-toed last.