• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have been surprised how good the P2 looks in cigar shell. My Budapesters look really sleek

P2 Cigar shell lwb. The combo of Vass, New Peter and longwing doesn't sound all that sleek, but compared to others...very nice.

They are definetly great!!!.....and talking about VASS COMBOS....I ordered the P2 last for a pair of Black Oxfords in box calf....

Why such a combination that it is not a skickler for tradition (sorry if my english is poor for this forum)?. First of all, I do not wear suits with tie, so no need to be pure traditional neither in my enviroment nor to myself. Second, it is a unique combination of what a like nowadays: classical refinement with tasty hard pattern. For me its a kind of jamming session of Rock& Roll and Classical music performance. I really do apreciate the sleeks/refine shoes like JL/EG/GG put on the others but no to found of wear them myself and, furthermore, I love gunboat shoes (Alt Wien-derby) not too striking. If you add the shell leather to the mix, I think the Combo becomes a master piece.

VASS COMBOS are so, A UNIQUE MASTERPIECE, like my tortilla de patatas sandwich.

Were them in good health.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are definetly great!!!.....and talking about VASS COMBOS....I ordered the P2 last for a pair of Black Oxfords in box calf....

Why such a combination that it is not a skickler for tradition (sorry if my english is poor for this forum)?. First of all, I do not wear suits with tie, so no need to be pure traditional neither in my enviroment nor to myself.  Second, it is a unique combination of what a like nowadays: classical refinement with tasty hard pattern.  For me its a kind of jamming session of Rock& Roll and Classical music performance. I really do apreciate the sleeks/refine shoes like JL/EG/GG put on the others but no to found of wear them myself and, furthermore, I love gunboat shoes (Alt Wien-derby) not too striking.  If you add the shell leather to the mix, I think the Combo becomes a master piece.

Thanks and enjoy yours as well. Your English is fine and your enthusiasm is perfect!

Webbo

Reaction score
Can yo

Why such a combination that it is not a skickler for tradition (sorry if my english is poor for this forum)?. First of all, I do not wear suits with tie, so no need to be pure traditional neither in my enviroment nor to myself.  Second, it is a unique combination of what a like nowadays: classical refinement with tasty hard pattern.  For me its a kind of jamming session of Rock& Roll and Classical music performance. I really do apreciate the sleeks/refine shoes like JL/EG/GG put on the others but no to found of wear them myself and, furthermore, I love gunboat shoes (Alt Wien-derby) not too striking.  If you add the shell leather to the mix, I think the Combo becomes a master piece.

Can you post a picture please of the Oxford in P2. I am thinking of then in black

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Webbo, I just ordered them....but I will in 8 weeks

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

P2 Cigar shell lwb. The combo of Vass, New Peter and longwing doesn't sound all that sleek, but compared to others...very nice.
wear your good looking gunboats in only good health

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood

I have a pair of these coming in dark brown pebble w/ dainite soles

:slayer:

NMWA's scotch grain Alt Wien on the New Peter

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@FrankCowperwood

I have a pair of these coming in dark brown pebble w/ dainite soles

:slayer:

That will be perfect. Dark brown pebble is excellent. Had that same combo in a pair of loafers that were too narrow. I had to sell them. I miss them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone browse B&S recently and notice all the Vass for sale? i cant recall a time when Ive seen so much of it on the secondary market and offered at solid prices. fortunately nothing in my size

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself. The reason I'm sellin mine is not out of sizing errors, but to many (similar) shoes. But I agree there're alot of Vass shoes in B&S at the moment.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double Monkstraps. I have not received yet my first order from Vass and I am allready thinking about the next ones. It will be much apprecited any pics of a Vass double monk with 1.-Double sole (any last). 2.-P2 last and 3.-Oxblood Shell. Mny Thnks

Webbo

Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of a cap toed Vass on the P2 last. Darker colours if possible, I am wondering if the P2 is appropriate for this style (OE, OE2) or should I go with a wider F? The P2 fits me perfectly in 44.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads