1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yeah, I pretty much figured it would have to be in panoramic view and the steps just didn't stand a chance. LOL

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. hmlarsson

hmlarsson Well-Known Member

Thanks! The shoes fitted a little snug in the middle of the shoe at first (width F, probably should have gone for G for an easier fit right away), but it's getting better and better. I think these will fit perfectly after a few more wears. Best (roomiest) toebox ever though.[​IMG]

Please let me (us) see your boots. How are your experience with the green museum calf? I was a little suprised that it was so dark. Not in a bad way, I think it is quite nice that it varies that much with different light.

1 person likes this.
  3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

great pic roger. some "sleek" p2 osloer's on big offroad tires

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    no pull tabs :happy:
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

^I love those Namor, they were in my mind for a long time. I was really thinking to go for Vibram instead of double leather soles for my Osloer, as I finally did.

My green calf is some short of racing green; they seem a bit lighter. Here you are.
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Luv these green boots, very nice!!

1 person likes this.
  6. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

I've a sizing question I hope you could be of assistance with as I'm planning to order a pair of derby boots on the new peter-last, but am not fully certain on which size to choose.

I've a pair of penny loafers in size 45.5 on the peter-last. They were very tight starting out, especially over the instep, but the Vass store assured me that they would eventually feel comfortable and they were completely right. Would I've gone any bigger they would now have been too big.

I also have a derby in size 45 on the budapest-last. Very comfortable but lengthwise they're just enough. For further reference I can mention that I take an UK 11 on C&J 337, but I find it tight over the instep and prefer not to spend a full day in an oxford.

For a boot on the new-peter last, which size would you recommend me ordering?

Many thanks in advance.

7. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

UK 11 would usually also be a 45, but both of those are tight (+ an initially snug loafer a half size up). A derby boot should be more forgiving, but New Peter won't be as roomy as Peter or Budapest. Maybe 45.5 (especially if shell), but 46 is also a possibility. I'd confirm your measurements with Reszo or a vendor before ordering.

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

You guys are filling me with so much WANT for a split toe derby boot - very nice NAMOR and Zapasman!

2 people like this.
  9. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That was my reaction as well when I saw a sample swatch at the Toronto GTG hosted by @jokb . And it was a pleasant surprise. I immediately decided I had to order a pair in this material, and somewhat less immediately decided that I would go with a pair of F-last chukkas. I can also see this being killer in a tall derby boot or a pair of austerity brogues. At least, those were the three styles I had settled upon before making my final choice.

10. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Speaking of derby boots -

I just confirmed an order for a shortwing austerity derby boot in cognac scotch grain on the P2 last. Pics to come in a few months ...

2 people like this.
  11. hmlarsson

hmlarsson Well-Known Member

Great sturdy boot! [​IMG]

Will surely be a real good looking chukka!

1 person likes this.
  12. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

1 person likes this.
  13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I concur. It's a well executed "exotic" by the shoeman!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

No coments on the sloppy stitching on the apron of both boots? Zapasman what do you think, have you received them yet?

15. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Yes, and it is been discussing here before by other members. In this kind of boot...I do not care at all. Once in your feet is not much visible, in fact I like them. I am very permissive with Vass and not to much picky about this things (It is not a JL or a GG shoe/price).[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Well, the shoeman was a bit sleepy that day.[​IMG]

Thanks a lot Namor.

17. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

Introducing the Vass for Shoegazing Sarek boot, a "Valway"-version made with vegetable tanned natural grain leather from the small Swedish tannery Tärnsjö, in a chestnut color. Made on the P2 last with a single Dainite sole. First time Vass does a larger series of shoes with leathers from a supplier that aren't their own regular stuff. Tärnsjö's leathers are really cool, and develop a great patina pretty fast.
    Me and the moderators of the forum on my blog made the specs together with Vass. It will be sold at an event I'm hosting in Stockholm this Saturday, a "super trunk" with Vass, Meermin, Carlos Santos, Riccrdo Bestetti and Maftei, plus Gaziano & Girling bespoke, Italigente, Melker Shoes, Tony Slinger and more. They've made like 10-12 pairs, and those that are left after the event will be sold afterwards, and they have some leather left they can do stuff with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    10 people like this.
  18. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Those are very nice were can you get them made or buy them?

19. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

Thanks! E-mail info@vass-cipo.hu . As mentioned those that are left after the event can be purchased by others, and you can also order a pair and have it made if you're size is sold since they have some leather left (I'm not sure how it is with direct sales to the States with these, since they are a special make up, best is to ask Vass directly). Price are €590 including lasted shoe trees.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  20. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That boot is full of win. I think I need a Valway in my rotation.