1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

These are standard welt, duble sole, U last, size US 10. Don't think they are bumper like.
    43?

2. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

43?

3. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Perfect. Thanks.

4. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

U last sizing? I wear a perfect US11.5D and 10.5EUK in Lobbs and CJs. I have the Budapest last in a 45.5 and they fit like a US12 (a bit large on me). I think the Budapest runs a little big?
    Should I get 45 or 45.5 for a pair of Vass in U-last?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS. This is also posted in another Vass thread, I need all the input I can get.

5. forex

forex Senior member

Those chukkas make me drool.[​IMG]

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

More for the database:

Left and rightt: black boxcalf U-last penny loafer, and antique cognac boxcalf F-last Italian oxford (the latter double sole going to single at the waist).

Center: dark cognac boxcalf and dark cognac scotch grain Bupapest last Alt Wien, double soles with Goyser stitching fore of the heel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- B

7. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

These are standard welt, duble sole, U last, size US 10. Don't think they are bumper like.
    More for the database:
    - B

- looking at Eds & Bazz' black shoes make me realise that I need at least one PAIR!

8. meister

meister Senior member

[​IMG]

Wow! Voluptuous...

9. ajv

ajv Senior member

Vox,

I love the work done on your Budapest on Alt Wien last. I've seen such shoes in real but i do not dare buying a pair as they look a bit too "roundish" and "clunky" for my taste.

10. Volkl

Volkl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wow! Voluptuous...

Have to agree; those are beautiful and in no way clunky, even if sturdy. Wow.

11. voxsartoria

More Vass photographs: Vass Paris, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; Vass Old English; antique cognac shell cordovan, F last; Vass Budapest U tip, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; and Vass single strap monk with floating medallion, oxblood boxcalf, U last. All with double soles going to single at the waist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- B

12. forex

forex Senior member

Vox,nice to see worn shoes.You must have the highest number of Vass shoes on SF,well apart from aportnoy.But no chukkas?

13. voxsartoria

Vox,nice to see worn shoes.You must have the highest number of Vass shoes on SF,well apart from aportnoy.But no chukkas?

I think that title would go to von Rothbart or kolecho.

Couple U-last chukkas would be nice...damn...

- B

14. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

I think that title would go to von Rothbart or kolecho.

Couple U-last chukkas would be nice...damn...

- B

There are some other big-timers Vash-ing around here.

15. ranker

ranker Senior member

Does anyone know what an EU41 on the U-Last corresponds to in US sizes? I purchased two pairs of 41's and I'm hoping they fit my size 8 feet. Should I start preparing B&S threads or will I be good to go?

16. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

Does anyone know what an EU41 on the U-Last corresponds to in US sizes? I purchased two pairs of 41's and I'm hoping they fit my size 8 feet. Should I start preparing B&S threads or will I be good to go?

You will be just fine as long as you don't have wide or large volume feet.

17. srivats

srivats Senior member

More Vass photographs: Vass Paris, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; Vass Old English; antique cognac shell cordovan, F last; Vass Budapest U tip, Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last; and Vass single strap monk with floating medallion, oxblood boxcalf, U last. All with double soles going to single at the waist.
    [​IMG]

Outstanding collection and very nice to see them all together. The u-tip above is one of my all-time favourite shoes that I have seen on SF.

18. ranker

ranker Senior member

Can someone explain to me the differences between the F last and the U last? I've purchased a pair of oxfords and chukka's in the U last. They fit me well enough. However, I'm wondering if such a fit would change and in what manner for the F last.

19. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    - B

I love these.

20. H2T

H2T Well-Known Member

Here are some of my Vass pron collection, having handled several hundred pairs..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is the second last boot a cordovan?