• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hoodog this was a MTO make up. I specified punched captoe Adelaide and Vass did the rest.

Ok. Great looking shoe. This one goes on my watch list.

JayH

Reaction score
Yep @j ingevaldsson is spot on. I did spend some time trawling through the Vass website looking at the patterns, and if they did make that pattern or similar, The Vcap is more a traditional vass design from what i have seen. It is fair to say the images are nowhere near as inspiring as IRL photos. Original inspiration came from G&G St James II.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep @j ingevaldsson is spot on. I did spend some time trawling through the Vass website looking at the patterns, and if they did make that pattern or similar, The Vcap is more a traditional vass design from what i have seen. It is fair to say the images are nowhere near as inspiring as IRL photos. Original inspiration came from G&G St James II.

Ok, so you only said that you wanted a "punched toe cap adelaide" and then Vass took care of the rest? You didn't send them pics of other shoes or of the heel counter?

By the way, could I trouble you to post a pic of the heel counters?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have an order I placed back in February for gold museum calf that hasn't even shipped yet. I don't even know if I want it anymore either.

Anyway, the order i placed with arahat back in the beginning of June is ready. How does that make sense lol.

So excited, just waiting on the other shell pair before shipping... Looks killer.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Ironist

Color on the wingtips is sublime. Perfect IMO. I don't know why vass made mine so dark. Remind me more of cigar.

Anywho congrats!

partyof6

Reaction score
So I have an order I placed back in February for gold museum calf that hasn't even shipped yet. I don't even know if I want it anymore either.

Anyway, the order i placed with arahat back in the beginning of June is ready. How does that make sense lol.

So excited, just waiting on the other shell pair before shipping... Looks killer.

Those are amazing. Congrats!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are simply tremendous. Want.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the color is awesome on those. great stuff. im jealous. ill need to **** on reszo for making me two cigar boots when i wanted one in antique cognac

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ These are making me think about the Alt Wiens Epaulet has on sale. Though I prefer these.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
from that angle, u last looks perfect. top down can look overly elongated however

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

these?

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/alt-wien-captoe-3636-last-in-antique-cognac-calf

yeah i can see the similarities between the two. same heel counter and color resembles each other. nice stuff.
Yeah, great price but might need to hold out and get a similar wingtip.

"Antique cognac shell" budapester boot

width
Very nice - definitely doesn't look too elongated at that angle. I guess they are on the dark side but nothing to sneeze at.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads