• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junior

Reaction score
excuse my ignorance, but are the current trees too big? you're getting another pair of trees (presumably smaller) as the current ones stretch the leather too much?

Au contraire, the trees I have are to small. By heel slippage i'm referring to the space (air) occuring between the heel cap and the tree when inserting the tree.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
End of the day

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thread derail. But there may be interested parties here:

These are from Buday and purchased special order from @edmorel at Panta Clothes. Really excellent transaction btw.

Last edited:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thread derail. But there may be interested parties here:

These are from Buday and purchased from special order from @edmore at Panta Clothes. Really excellent transaction btw.

I need tongue pads for mine before I can wear them (same shoe in tobacco shell) but I agree with all of this!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I need tongue pads for mine before I can wear them (same shoe in tobacco shell) but I agree with all of this!

Just tried them on quickly, but fortunately fit feels really good for me. Tobacco shell version must be something to look at. Post a photo over in the Buday thread for me to look at ... :)

Webbo

Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend the correct Sahir shade of cream for the 6125 dark cognac ?

ktown

Reaction score
I just received a pair of Old English after exchanging for a different size from Ascot. These are replacements for my now-sold AE PA. I took the advice of rikod, Louis XIV and Torsion on sizing the second time around and they are a better fit. I think my next shoe will also be a Vass.

Torsion

Reaction score
Glad it worked out second time round @ktown but as I have warned you now you know your size Vass are super addictive!They should carry a wealth warning lol The OE is a great classic-I have the exact one on the way :)

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It's truly a terrible thing. Once you know what hand-welted shoes in lovely leather on good soles and quality leather heels, with a solid cork footbed and on a beautifully-conceived last feels like.....you're pretty much fucked. The first Vass arrived, and suddenly I was looking at another twenty-odd pairs of shoes I loved and thinking....meh...might as well start replacing these...

Torsion

Reaction score

It's truly a terrible thing.  Once you know what hand-welted shoes in lovely leather on good soles and quality leather heels, with a solid cork footbed and on a beautifully-conceived last feels like.....you're pretty much fucked.  The first Vass arrived, and suddenly I was looking at another twenty-odd pairs of shoes I loved and thinking....meh...might as well start replacing these...

SNAP - I've been on that slippery slope ever since @mimo :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads