1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Yes Sir,

I totally understand.

I was just putting some feelers out there for the chaps in this thread and one of the good gents said that the word was the Vass was not doing them for hardly anyone anymore. Balmoral boots that is.

There was some rumbling about Vass not doing bal boots and I just wanted to feel the situation out.

All respect for you and NMWA. [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Understood, thank you - I'm also interested in how others fare with these requests. It wouldn't be the first time some inconsistencies are uncovered with our friends in Budapest. :) As an authorized dealer, I feel the need to respect the instructions that Vass gives us, even if that may mean losing some orders in the process.

Anyhow, I simply wanted to clarify why we didn't take shell high boot orders.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  3. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

@NAMOR said that in his recent trip that Vass said there was an issue with the cordovan not holding at certain stress points if I recall.

I sure hope that they will let one more bal boot slip through the cracks for me...

4. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

With limited amounts of shell to go around, I can see why Vass doesn't want to risk it on oxford boots. I've even had new EG calf bal boots split at the same point (and a recent factory sale had several others with the same issue). Hard to notice, but I do appreciate how all Vass calf oxfords have an extra row of reinforcement stitching where the quarters meet the vamp.

5. Sammy - Ascot

Sammy - Ascot Well-Known Member

We can also vouch for the above comments - having also disappointed a couple of SF members this week.
    The Shell and Whiskey is in very limited supply - and impossible if you're wanting a pair of High Boots in shell.

Sorry to disappoint. A recent batch was sent back to Horween, because Mr Vass wasn't happy with the
    quality grade.

Hope this helps.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

"Burgundy" shell after some recent rain showers and several wears

[​IMG]

If one boot looks a little darker than the next it's because one boot was made with a darker burgundy shell

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. cakv

cakv Senior member

Still look great. Not sure where the scuffs on the toe cap are from, but I my shoes hit my brake and gas pedals a lot. It always irritates me.

8. GuP

GuP Senior member

Gents how does Vass sizing translate from AE? Never tried on or had Vass shows but the bs section seems to be having some killer deals. I am between a 10.5d - 11d on AE strands and park ave. What size Vass in the different lasts would fit me best? I will obviously only buy if there is a return policy in place as sizing can be erratic.

9. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

I'm a 10E in AE laced shoes (10D in loafers) and I wear 43 in F and P2, and 43.5 in U. Others have better results sizing differently, but that's what I wear anyway.

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

those boots look amazing. still

11. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

To any of my American SFers who have traveled to Budapest can you please message me? I have a few tourist questions for you. Thanks

12. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Gentlemen,

In your estimation, can you show me the dressiest versions of Vass Blucher boots?

Please.

Thanks.

13. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I want to go home right now! My 2 pairs are delivered and waiting for me. Grrrr damn it

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  15. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Does anyone have a comparison photo of a F last vs EG 202?

16. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

17. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Gentlemen,

I may have to go with a blucher boot from Vass.

What is their dressiest and most proper expression of that?

Thanks in advance.

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

here you go. norweger f last 45 and valway f last 45. eg 202 uk11.5E

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Thanks a lot, NAMOR.

1 person likes this.
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

ha! plaza is one of my favorite boot lasts of all time. I was crushed when I couldnt get the color 8 boot so I tried to replicate it with a vass budapester boot in "antique cognac) on u last. while similar they are not quite the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

left to right: vass f last (45f), Edward green G 202 last (uk11.5E), Alden Plaza (12D), Vass U last (45.5)

Last edited: May 14, 2015