• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rc121

Reaction score

So I'd say 42.5G would probably do it from Vass, but that's probably generous.  Anyway, we'll see what they say.  Ask quick ;)

I'd recommend 42H, no point in going half size up if he can go wider than a G. He is exactly one size up from me in AE 8 last, so he should be one size up on Vass F/U lasts.

stmaier

Reaction score

Hey,

I'm heading to DC for the weekend. Are there any Vass dealers that I can visit?

I'm looking to get sizing at minimum, some good alt wiens maximum.

Thanks

Unfortunately not. The only places in the US are Epaulet with stores in NYC and Brooklyn and No Man Walks Alone also in NYC. NMWA is primarily e-commerce but they do have a show room by appointment.

Last edited:

Torsion

Reaction score

Quick action shot just now whilst it's super quiet in the office wearing the K last DMs today.Oops multi-tasking and surfin' on SF aswell :)

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quick action shot just now whilst it's super quiet in the office wearing the K last DMs today.Oops multi-tasking and surfin' on SF aswell :)

And here I thought my double computer screens were enough... You use 6?

Torsion

Reaction score
@venividivicibjActually there's another 2 not in shot so 8 total, spacecraft styleee :-[ Proper square eyes - I'm not totally comfortable that I sit in front of these things all day long..

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@venividivicibjActually there's another 2 not in shot so 8 total, spacecraft styleee :-[ Proper square eyes - I'm not totally comfortable that I sit in front of these things all day long..

And so you spend your days at CTU downloading the building schematics to Jack Bauer's phone?

Wait don't tell us.

Don't want a leak.

:)

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Illcea and Haas for museum calf? Is there a reason to choose one over the other? I'm considering a dark brown museum austerity brogue but I'm not sure if I should wait until Vass begins using Illcea again or just go ahead and order it with the leather sourced from Haas.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Illcea and Haas for museum calf? Is there a reason to choose one over the other? I'm considering a dark brown museum austerity brogue but I'm not sure if I should wait until Vass begins using Illcea again or just go ahead and order it with the leather sourced from Haas.

I suggest waiting for Ilcea. If you've seen Roger's pair then you'd understand what I mean (though his is a deeper shade of gold, not brown.)

Last edited:

Fiddler

Reaction score

Hi Gents,

I hope all is well. I just have a quick question on Vass Fitting in U Last. I am wearing 9UK in Carmina Detroit last and a 9UK in Tricker's 4497 last, and 9.5 in Alden Barrie last. I have a littler wider foot than average so i am wondering if i would need to size up on the Vass U last as I've heard that it's a little narrow on the toe area. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Heel: 13.6 Inches
Instep: 10.6 Inches
Waist: 10.8 Inches
Ball: 11 Inches
Length: 11 Inches

Sounds like you would be a 43.5 in u last for vass. Sizing up half is not a bad idea if your foot is a little wider than usual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads