1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Thanks, don't worry... They won't fit you, 39.5 :D.

Oxblood shell LWB.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

@ironist

could you post a top down pic of your f last shoes upon arrival? curious of the profile shape

3. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Oh don't worry, I plan to post photos of all my new vass shoes from multiple angles until you guys tell me to stop... Then i'll post some more :D.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

oh nice. which last? btw they will also make a lwb boot. debated it for a while decided on a couple others :happy:

5. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Same, F last. That LWB boot sounds awesome, you literally NEVER see those. I wish you did just so we could have an example :D. Someone needs to do this.

6. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Scotch grain and a Goyser stitch...who is in?

1 person likes this.
  8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Trickers makes great looking lwb that they call "galosh boot"

I like my green pair but a vass shell might be first of it's kind

[​IMG]

9. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

You mean a Brown Scotch Grain LWB boot with 360 goyser stitching? That would be pretty sick. If you got some sort of GMTO discount going I might be down lol. Would be like a C&J Islay with a modified design.

I don't know if it's because the vibram soles are huge or the angle but the broguing on the side of those tricksters seems too low. Actually, now that I look at it it's probably the welt stitching. Regardless, LWB boot does look good.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Or burgundy scotch grain

11. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

You mean oxblood or bordeaux? I think oxblood would look better. Bordeaux scotch grain seems too dandy for that kind of boot.

i.e. bordeaux
    [​IMG]

oxblood

[​IMG]

They might actually be the same color though.

12. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

@Ironist... I have a feeling he'll be sporting a pretty hot new pair of footwear soon enough. :lurk:

13. --Jonas--

--Jonas-- Senior member

I have a longwing boot from Vass on the P2 last. Had some problems with the soles, so they went back, but I can post some pics soon.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

That would be great thanks!

Anyone own a r lasted shoe? Don't see much of them

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am close to ordering one. I think it being slightly wider at the instep than P2 will be perfect for me

16. mimo

mimo Senior member

Looking good. Disappointed in Epaulet's shoe knowledge, though!

"RECRAFTING
    As Vass shoes are Goodyear welted, they can be easily resoled and recrafted by a competent cobbler. In this way, you easily can get many years of regular wear out of Vass's quality shoes. Which is important, as you are sure to grow very attached to them."
    They are of course hand-welted - not a big deal I suppose - but also in this particular case, with a "goyser" stitch similar to Norwegian welt, that would be extremely tricky for a mere "competent cobbler" to replicate.
    That's a good price, though. I'm tempted.
    I'm interested, though anyone interested in a shit-kicking pebble grain boot should check the Meermin thread FAST for an on-going GMTO that's about to issue and PM David. Not a LWB, but an awesome winter boot that presses some of the same buttons.

But though I'm in that one, more is of course more, and I'd be interested in bordeaux too - the only colour in this family that Vass do in scotchgrain I think: I believe those are the same colour in different light, and not too dandy for me. But if this does get off the ground, then Vass are likely to offer an option on the leather e.g. bordeaux or antic cognac scotchgrain, or one scotchgrain one calf, or whatever. Sticking to the same last will be the main thing so that the pattern stays the same. Welt and sole options are easy to tailor individually.

If three people say they're interested in the next 24 hours, I am happy to start this ball a-rolling if nobody else does.

Yes please!

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah that sounds right. my p2 shell boot was about 1/2 size big so i went with 44.5 in shell r last. ive already placed an order for a couple r -lasted boots

in the meantime ascot shoes has 3 makeups on ebay on that last. i love that toe box :inlove:

what are you looking to kop?

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Me too! Will PM you and bounce some thoughts off you

19. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Does anyone know if Vass offers a shearling or fur lining option for their boots? Winter will be here soon.

20. JayH

JayH Senior member

Apologies, Yes Bordeaux. I asked for their options and this is what they came back with. More red than the usual Burgundy.