• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New shoes delivered. Vass medallion wholecut, U-last 41G, oxblood, single leather sole, sunken toetaps.
One picture next to the F-lasted OE i wore today.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[

Hello does Vass makes special shoe tree for your width? G equates wide width isn't it?

Last edited:

Swede66

Reaction score

Hello does Vass makes special shoe tree for your width? G equates wide width isn't it?

Yes, it is a wider shoe than standard. The tree fills the shoe very well, but we did not talk about the trees so I do not know if they are made different from standard

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, it is a wider shoe than standard. The tree fills the shoe very well, but we did not talk about the trees so I do not know if they are made different from standard

Cheers man. I will look into that. thanks

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Awesome shoes swede.

May I ask what UK size you wear usually? Could I get measurements at the ball of the foot on the outsole for width?

I'm very close to biting the bullet and taking the plunge on Vass if I can get a good approximation since I have a wide foot and the U last is a narrower last.

Swede66

Reaction score

Awesome shoes swede.

May I ask what UK size you wear usually? Could I get measurements at the ball of the foot on the outsole for width?

I'm very close to biting the bullet and taking the plunge on Vass if I can get a good approximation since I have a wide foot and the U last is a narrower last.

Thanx.

I am a "small" UK8, i.e. in some shoes i wear 7.5 (example AS 87 last) but most often UK8 (C&J 337, Carmina Rain, AS 109 and 99). I have fairly wide feet, lenght 262 mm, width 100 mm, and a high instep.
My F-lasted 41F is lengthwise fine, but on the tight side. The U-lasted in 41G seems to be perfect. Would consider to go for G-width also if I ordered a new F-lasted shoe. The U shoe has a bit lower toebox as well, but not problematic.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Thanx.

I am a "small" UK8, i.e. in some shoes i wear 7.5 (example AS 87 last) but most often UK8 (C&J 337, Carmina Rain, AS 109 and 99). I have fairly wide feet, lenght 262 mm, width 100 mm, and a high instep.
My F-lasted 41F is lengthwise fine, but on the tight side. The U-lasted in 41G seems to be perfect. Would consider to go for G-width also if I ordered a new F-lasted shoe. The U shoe has a bit lower toebox as well, but not problematic.

That's very helpful, I probably actually have wider feet than you do. I measure about 110mm across the ball and am a US 8E, UK 7 or 7.5. I'm okay with a Carmina Rain last size 7 or 7.5 UK. I think I've narrowed down my length to be 40.5, and would attempt a G width. Does Vass do anything wider than a G currently?

Thanks again for your impressions.

Jakezero

Reaction score
I must say, Vass sizing is quite interesting. I take a UK8.5 or a 9, and I ordered my boots in 42,5. When I first put them on without lacing them up, I immediately thought that they were too big. However, after lacing them up and walking about a bit on the carpet, I was happily surprised! While there was plenty of space for my toes, there was no heel slippage while taking normal strides. I think that I could probably pull of a 42 on the P2, but seeing as the 42,5 actually works just fine, it's actually freakishly comfortable thus far, I won't stress it, but if I were to order a shoe on the P2 then I would probably go for a 42.

andreasky

Reaction score

New shoes delivered. Vass medallion wholecut, U-last 41G, oxblood, single leather sole, sunken toetaps. One picture next to the F-lasted OE i wore today.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Gorgeous!
Are they bespoke or RTW?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads