1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I would be happy to see some hatch grain leathers offered.

2. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Senior member

I'm happy to inform everyone that I had settled the matter with Mr. Kuti

He was very professional and handled the situation extremely well. Overall I'm really satisfied. Now the wait begins...wish I could fast forward 5 weeks... :)

3. dlind

dlind Senior member

+100, hatch grain chucka [​IMG]

4. JubeiSpiegel

You read my mind :fistbump:

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ That would be very cool.

1 person likes this.
  6. dlind

dlind Senior member

[​IMG]

7. lysandar

lysandar Senior member

I'm gonna login to say [​IMG] as well.

8. rikod

rikod Senior member

I hope they consider moving to England and merge with Crockett & Jones

1 person likes this.
  9. velomane

velomane Senior member

Speaking of chukkas, does anyone here have any that are made by Vass? I'd love to see some pics.

10. dlind

dlind Senior member

Really don't understand why you have such a problem with Vass trying new things, it's not like they have abandoned what made them as a company, they still sell all their original models. Not meaning to start a argument, just curious.

11. pwhinson

pwhinson Well-Known Member

12. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Don't see why not. If they can do it for UK why not US?

13. JubeiSpiegel

From my email communications with VASS, I was told I could place an order with them, using such means. They knew I was in the US, and even explained how shopping would work in this instance.

14. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Its a couple of emails, a wait and a wire transfer. Easy!

1 person likes this.
  15. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

Quote:Well I'm pretty sure guys like RogerP orders a pair via email every other week! But really they ship all over the world daily. Just email them and they will send you a reply with the order instruction/process. I was told it's cheaper for me to order via email as they will remove the VAT.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  16. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Not mine:

[​IMG]

17. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:

Well I'm pretty sure guys like RogerP orders a pair via email every other week! But really they ship all over the world daily. Just email them and they will send you a reply with the order instruction/process.

I was told it's cheaper for me to order via email as they will remove the VAT.

LOL - I only wish! And I am in Canada, so that wouldn't really answer the US question. But more to the point, I have gone exclusively through Vass resellers to this point, so I have no experience with ordering direct.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  18. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

Quote:

Well I'm pretty sure guys like RogerP orders a pair via email every other week! But really they ship all over the world daily. Just email them and they will send you a reply with the order instruction/process.

I was told it's cheaper for me to order via email as they will remove the VAT.

LOL - I only wish! And I am in Canada, so that wouldn't really answer the US question. But more to the point, I have gone exclusively through Vass resellers to this point, so I have no experience with ordering direct.

Ok fine maybe every other 4 weeks and alternate between that an ordering from Leatherfoot... they know you by first name when I was there last time! ;-)

19. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

I really don't get it from a business point of view.

Finally, we are seeing an expansion of retailer network Yet Vass is also selling MTO direct at pretty much the same price as RTW at local resellers.

The resellers probably are not happy about that. Having the burden to keep a certain inventory, and also have to compete with factory direct.

I hope Vass would seriously plan out their strategy and not fall victim to its own recent exploding success.

20. dlind

dlind Senior member

Their supplier network is still very limited. Just because a couple of stores in the US has decided to stock a few models doesn't mean they can or should stop selling directly, that would a very bad business decision! The retailers will always benefit from customers being able to see and try on models as well as getting the shoes on the day and not having to order over email etc.