The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

^ yeah, most do recommend going a half size down. It was the toe box on the U that threw me off. Live and learn! Although I believe it's the U last that has the higher instep. At least it works better on my left foot which actually has a slightly higher instep.

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

^ yeah, most do recommend going a half size down. It was the toe box on the U that threw me off. Live and learn! Although I believe it's the U last that has the higher instep. At least it works better on my left foot which actually has a slightly higher instep.

You're right, that's what I meant (edited my previous post). Guess the U won't work for me because of that. It's just as well since the F is really, I mean really growing on me, especially with all the comments about the EG 82 being a bit pigeon toed (iirc, that's how pkincy described it) and you had recently mentioned something about its shape as well.

So it's either I DTO these or get some AS Moore , but on their 99 last. [​IMG] EG sale Thursday... [​IMG]

3. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

So it's either I DTO these or get some AS Moore , but on their 99 last. [​IMG] EG sale Thursday... [​IMG]

The answer - while probably near impossible to know - is which one fits better!

4. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

The answer - while probably near impossible to know - is which one fits better!

Actually, I do know the AS last in UK8EX fits me great. No idea about the Vass F... Will have to take the plunge to find out. Who knows, maybe kolecho will have Vass make a run of ramuman's shoes in a few sizes.

5. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

360 degrees natural coloured Goyser welt on P2 chukka. Let's have more hate [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one works...sort of.

Not the best place for this, but does any shop stock Vass in Munich ?

pm sterling gillette, he should know.
    Yep, he knows. He did not recieve a PM so far, though.

Leather sole would do just fine. It's not a shoe to take out in bad weather any how suede and all.
    In my experience, suede is not at all intolerant towards rain and snow "” au contraire: Let it dry, brush it and it will look like new.

6. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Anyone willing to suggest what an EG 8.5/9D in the 82 last or C&J 8.5E or G&G9E(?) would be equivalent to in Vass U or F?

I really have no need for another pair of shoes, but it is so intriguing... And from that link it seems like they're pretty cheap, assuming you can get them to send you stuff in stock.

7. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

You can email/call the store. Or you can pay someone else to do it for you.

Wait, so some of you manage to order direct from Vass without any fuck ups? Do you do that for stock shoes only and go through kolecho for MTO?

8. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Wait, so some of you manage to order direct from Vass without any fuck ups? Do you do that for stock shoes only and go through kolecho for MTO?

Are you yanking my chain? [​IMG] When did kolecho become the obligatory go-to guy for ordering Vass MTO shoes? Nothing against kolecho of course but I can write an email myself to Eva without someone to hold my you know what*.

*pen of course

9. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Are you yanking my chain? [​IMG] When did kolecho become the obligatory go-to guy for ordering Vass MTO shoes? Nothing against kolecho of course but I can write an email myself to Eva without someone to hold my you know what*.

*pen of course

Was not kidding. I thought I had read of screwed up orders from those who had dealt directly with Vass. Hence why a lot of guys who don't have access to a retailer through which to buy RTW/order MTO prefer using kolecho as a reliable middle man.

10. banis

banis Senior member

No problem to buy directly from Vass.
    The only non-comfortable thing is that they do not accept CC and you ought to make a bank transfer.
    Also, they ship by FedEx and you may be screwed up with the customs duty. I had to use a proxy in Europe not to pay customs in Russia.

11. 888style

888style Senior member

EG 8.5 UK = Vass 43 U last

12. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

EG 8.5 UK = Vass 43 U last

Not for me.

13. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

The dark brown suede on the F last is nicely done. Don't think it will work as well in the U last.

+1

I think it works like a dream on U-last with Goyser stitching. F-last is nice but it looks much slicker in leather, suede makes it look more bulbous than it is..

i have never found the F Last to be very sleek, but i do agree the suede does soften the look even more

Funny how this thread gets so active after the Kolecho shipments! I received my 3 pairs yesterday. One of them fits great. The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.). Fingers crossed! No photos yet, but I grabbed the following:

- U last Chukka in medium brown suede, double leather sole tapering to a single
    - F last u-cap in Bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole tapering to a single
    - New Peter last Norweger in antique cognac, double leather sole in tan with natural stitching

well if it was not for said man, then we for sure would not have seen as much as we have done posted - it seems that before there was a lot of EG's posted now it seem to be a lot of Vass

14. AJL

AJL Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

cat meets boot:
    [​IMG]

15. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member