• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddler

Reaction score
^^ Nice shoes....but that stitching of the dainite sole at the toe looks quite untidy.

sdolina

Reaction score
^^ Nice shoes....but that stitching of the dainite sole at the toe looks quite untidy.
Maybe dainite is quite new to Vass, anyway - you didn't see my AS Bensons from the group order ...

Swede66

Reaction score

Got my suede F-last austerity brogues inspired by rikod (post 6465) , but m ine are on the dainite. I've sent Rezso my measurement to modify the last for my high instep, and the fit is really perfect.
Smashing! Very nice make up.

andreasky

Reaction score

Got my suede F-last austerity brogues inspired by rikod (post 6465) , but m ine are on the dainite. Did you pay an extra-price for the customized size? I've sent Rezso my measurement to modify the last for my high instep, and the fit is really perfect.

andreasky

Reaction score

Yep, but I think - not much. If you tell me how much is the "normal" Vass MTO today, I can calculate the difference.

Thanks. I do not know the 2013 price list. I know that in 2012 a RTW Vass cost 420 Euro (excluding shoe tree).

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have style 75 (cognac wingtip bal on the U) and have pics of them with some mileage? Curious as to how they look after some time.

Trying to decide among these:

Vass

Alternatives

Leaning towards the Vass to try the U.

Last edited:

Cal135

Reaction score
Here are mine. Old but going strong. Not exact the same model, but close enough.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure but the dainite sole seems to have been glued atleast most of it. Also the stitching on the top sole seems crude.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic from the current flow of discussions...

Trying to find out if the brown cordovan from Vass is same as Cigar? Any pictures will be great.
thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads