• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Amazing line-up in the store...I would not be able to stop at one pair.

andreasky

Reaction score

I do. Modified with a brogued cap (quarter brogue). Lovely shoe, rich and lush suede.

Thank you. Very beautiful shoes! Are they in F last? Dis you order online or try at the Vass store in Budapest?

obama

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried reading around 50 pages back but no result. Also no luck from google.

Rear seam seems default from all vass shoes. But I also see some vass on B&S without rear seam. May I know why people specify not to have it? Is it for better durability as the seam at that position is easy to break? Thanks.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried reading around 50 pages back but no result. Also no luck from google.

Rear seam seems default from all vass shoes. But I also see some vass on B&S without rear seam. May I know why people specify not to have it? Is it for better durability as the seam at that position is easy to break? Thanks.
seamless heel is harder to make, real advantage besides visual(or knowing the whole thing is made from one piece makes you feel better)? I don't know maybe some other can answer

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

seamless heel is harder to make, real advantage besides visual(or knowing the whole thing is made from one piece makes you feel better)? I don't know maybe some other can answer

With Vass, it mostly depends on which model you choose. Some of them they don't use a rear seam, some they do. The main reason is that the leather piece at the back can't to be too big. For example on their London model and Budapest-oxford there's no rear seam, but on the double monk model it is, cause otherwise he leatherpiece at the back would have to be really big.

sdolina

Reaction score
I agree with above. My DMs have the rear seam and oxfords dons't, but I haven't asked for any option.

obama

Reaction score
Thanks all for the advice. Was thinking to ask for seamless if it is for durability. Now I will let Mr. Kuti to decided based on model.

Need a bit more advice. If you were me, and if you already have a black OE II, will you go for OE II again for the next dark cognac pair? I need the dark cognac pair to serve me wih grey and navy suit and sometimes go a bit more casual without jacket. Although I lean SLIGHTLY to the OE II because of the nice details o the cap toe, I am also thinking OE I for more diversity in upper design. What do you think? Make sense to stick with the design of first love wih different color? Or diversity is better? Will OE I too plain for a slightly more causal pair? Pls pls give me some personal and subject advice for brainstorm. Thanks.

(Btw, will go for double to single sole for a less formal look and to experiment a bit on different feature)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks all for the advice. Was thinking to ask for seamless if it is for durability. Now I will let Mr. Kuti to decided based on model.

Need a bit more advice. If you were me, and if you already have a black OE II, will you go for OE II again for the next dark cognac pair? I need the dark cognac pair to serve me wih grey and navy suit and sometimes go a bit more casual without jacket. Although I lean SLIGHTLY to the OE II because of the nice details o the cap toe, I am also thinking OE I for more diversity in upper design. What do you think? Make sense to stick with the design of first love wih different color? Or diversity is better? Will OE I too plain for a slightly more causal pair? Pls pls give me some personal and subject advice for brainstorm. Thanks.

(Btw, will go for double to single sole for a less formal look and to experiment a bit on different feature)
I personally go for a different model and on burgundy...

sdolina

Reaction score
Got my suede F-last austerity brogues inspired by rikod (post 6465), but mine are on the dainite.

I've sent Rezso my measurement to modify the last for my high instep, and the fit is really perfect.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads