• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rezso is in the shop from Wednesday to Sunday. He also checks his emails on Monday and Tuesday though. I have found that it takes about 2 days on average. Seems fair for someone who is flooded with emails every single day!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[ATTACHMENT=6379]Vass Shoes Prices 2013.pdf (342k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Vass 2013 price list

Last edited:

Ascotshoes

Reaction score
Let's not be unfriendly, gentlemen. We are all admirers of the art, and I think both points are sufficiently clear. No need to mock each other.

In the interest of leather-scented harmony, I would like to invite us all to take a couple of minutes of silence, and remember why we're here: some wonders from Vass, courtesy of Mr Ascot Shoes, and for the sake of inclusiveness, love and peace, some St Cs courtesy of Leffot.

Thank you Mimo - And thank you RogerP; Dan; llovelobbs and all for speaking highly of us in the past.....

Being a long time admirer of this thread, here's my contribution of some MTO Vass art for all to enjoy and appreciate.
If you have any Vass sizing or fitting questions in comparison to Saint Crispin; John Lobb Paris;
Corthay; Edward Green; Church's; Crocketts; Cleverley's; Cheaney...do feel free to drop
Karl or Sammy an email.

I won't put the link of our website here in case we're not compliant with SF rules.
But if you google for Ascot Shoes Ebay - all our details are there.

Remember to ignore our Ebay prices - as it includes the 20% VAT and a little premium
for the extortionate ebay fees.

Enjoy.
Ascot Shoes

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
You're welcome. All the pics I posted were of models that I liked, that happen to be on eBay in my size right now. Just sayin'. I mean "thank you" is one thing....(and it's 43.5....)

lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am a-scurred of some of those MTOs.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Some of those multicoloured shoes, esp the double monks, are just awful.

Zarium

Reaction score
I agree. And purple calf? What are these, shoes for clowns?

DJJD

Reaction score
Too much Appreciation for a single post !!!

Many thanks for all those great pictures.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
If everything above on the U was instead on the F, that post would be elevated to another level, still pretty good though
biggrin.gif

Interesting theory. I request a comparison post from Ascot :)

I am a-scurred of some of those MTOs.
Some of those multicoloured shoes, esp the double monks, are just awful.
I agree. And purple calf? What are these, shoes for clowns?

Truly. I have no objection to the purple - colourful casual shoes don't have to be crappy; anywhere you might be tempted to wear trainers/sneakers, these would be better in my opinion. Well, apart from actually participating in sport, but even then it would be fun!

The multi-species monk is indeed rather nasty. Reminds me of Kielman's more peculiar work, and IsteRed's python-fest. Sometimes when a variation looks like it's for its own sake, it falls flat for me. There are a couple up there that are borderline, but then some would say that about Roger's three-tone specs, which I think are brilliant. I'm also surprisingly charmed by these, that are all wrong, yet somehow...right:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Interesting theory. I request a comparison post from Ascot :)

Truly. I have no objection to the purple - colourful casual shoes don't have to be crappy; anywhere you might be tempted to wear trainers/sneakers, these would be better in my opinion. Well, apart from actually participating in sport, but even then it would be fun!

The multi-species monk is indeed rather nasty. Reminds me of Kielman's more peculiar work, and IsteRed's python-fest. Sometimes when a variation looks like it's for its own sake, it falls flat for me. There are a couple up there that are borderline, but then some would say that about Roger's three-tone specs, which I think are brilliant. I'm also surprisingly charmed by these, that are all wrong, yet somehow...right:
Some very nice post Ascot Shoes...

I agree with Mimo & Slickman...a collection of F last shoes will add immense value to this thread.
Rikod will be your best friend too......

And what's with the Purple calf...Did Prince or Elton John place an order with Vass recently :)

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that boot in dark brown. Really nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads